Patient Experience Outreach Advisor
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Patient Experience Design and Improvement, acts as an onsite change agent, coach, and trainer for the Practice Plan to improve the patient experience at the medical practice clinics. Supports clinic managers to get their action plans “in motion” and follows the strategy that has been set forth by the Practice Plan that represents best practices. Understands the “patient experience” in a clinical setting. The ability to review and articulate patient experience data (survey responses, complaints, social media, and rounding on patients) is essential. This position is responsible for clinics but can change over time as clinics will be reassessed based on their needs. Must be able to travel in Houston and the surrounding area.
POSITION KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Understands patient experience data and shares opportunities for improvement.
- Works well in a team environment in all situations (internal department or clinic) by offering ideas and creative solutions.
- Motivates clinic manager and staff to meet milestones and reach goals. Influences clinic leaders to what is “patient-focused” that will create the best patient experience outcomes.
- Works with staff through observation, coaching, or training standards or best practices to reach expected goals.
- Promotes and follows the Practice Plan patient experience strategy and does not deviate from that.
- Projects plan initiatives that improve the patient experience at the clinics.
- Self-manages work schedule to be effective. Work is scheduled to impact the clinic’s improvement.
- Manages multiple clinics’ patient experience needs at the same time. Embraces new challenges and not be resistant.
- Travels to different clinics each week or what is requested based on practice needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Hospital or medical practice experience is preferred. Experience with patient experience vendors (e.g., NRC Health, Press Ganey, or others) is preferred.
Self-motivator and goal-oriented is expected.
Bachelor’s degree in public health, health administration, business, marketing, organizational development, or a related field is preferred.
Two (2) years of experience in the patient experience field in a healthcare system or a large physician practice, showing impact and improvement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston’s health university since 1972.