Galveston County Program Manager
The Galveston County Meals on Wheels Program Manager serves as the primary representative for the MOW Program in Galveston County. The Manager is responsible for the daily logistics and operations for MOWGC’s program. The Manager will ensure client satisfaction, operational compliance, safety, and process improvement by effectively managing operations personnel, inventory, vehicle fleet, and operations equipment, delivery routes, warehouse and site operations. The Manager will play a key role in the expansion of service delivery for Galveston County and surrounding areas.
- Oversee and coordinate daily meal delivery operations including paperwork preparation and distribution, route preparation and scheduling, and client procedures. Act as a backup driver to ensure meal deliveries
- Ensure compliance with all funders and government regulations, implement corrective actions to address all identified issues. Lead all communications with HGAC-AAA representatives
- Hire, develop and manage MOWGC staff. Ensure that staff is adequately trained and supported, has the necessary resources, meets expectations in key goal areas, and provides high-quality client service. Work with Human Resources on payroll, employee relations, staff development, and other HR issues as needed
- Manager MOWGC operational activities that result in a high level of client satisfaction and excellent customer service. Proactively identify and report issues impacting client service. Respond to GC client inquiries and complaints and coordinate with other departments to resolve concerns. Assist with social services interventions as needed
- Manage initiatives related to MOWGC program development, expansion, and innovation. Help ensure that MOWGC programs respond to changing clients needs
- Manage compliance for all MOWGC operational activities, including food safety, delivery within the window, route/driver monitoring, subrecipient monitoring, document review, procurement, staff and volunteer training, and other operational compliance requirements
- Work with Director, MOW Operations on finances and budget, ensuring that required activities are accomplished within budget limits. Help identify opportunities for cost reduction, donated goods and services, and other strategic sourcing
- Monitor and document food safety and facility safety practices as required by contract/regulation
- Manage meal ordering process, including USDA/donated food inventory management. Ensure inventory is maintained at proper levels and work to eliminate shrinkage/waste
- Review and analyze delivery routes on a regular basis and implement changes necessary to increase efficiency, reduce costs, and increase service levels
- Coordinate MOWGC fleet maintenance and repairs with MOW fleet maintenance representatives or service providers, ensuring that MOW vehicles are safe, well maintained, inspected, and registered, and fit for delivery
- Become familiar with and remain current on all MOW contracts, regulations, MOUs, funders and other key partners, and issues affecting the MOW client population
- Collaborate with IM departments to help ensure operational efficiency, accurate monthly billing, and compliance for the success of the MOWGC program
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Prior supervisory experience required
- Four years of program administration or operational experience
- High level of independent judgment, leadership, and community networking
- Knowledge of Galveston County and surrounding areas is desirable
- Ability to obtain Food Manager’s certification within 90 days of hire
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to make decisions quickly with attention to accuracy, detail, and context
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills; willingness to participate in IM’s media events
- Must be able to work with individuals form diverse backgrounds and adapt to change
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and experience with developing applications and databases
- Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds on a regular basis
- Automobile, valid auto registration and inspection, and valid driver’s license and automobile liability insurance required
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
IM for Greater Houston connects people for dialogue, collaboration and service. Meals on Wheels, Refugees Services, Interfaith Relations, Volunteer Ho...