Behavioral Health Coordinator – Remote
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Schedule: Monday-Friday 10:30am-7:00pm Central Time. No evenings or weekends.
- Makes outbound calls to members who are diagnosed with Behavioral Health needs and provide coverage to an inbound queue
- Performs assessments via phone
- Provides behavioral health benefit education
- Assists enrollees with understanding and locating community support services and outpatient behavioral health resources
- Escalates cases to clinical team partners
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1+ year managed care experience
- 1+ year of casework experience at hospitals, social service agencies or community mental health centers
- 6+ months behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint behavioral outpatient practice)
- Proficient use of computer, including internet searches and MS Office applications
- Working knowledge of community-based resources and services
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with low-income populations
- Experience working with the aged, blind, or disabled
- Strong oral and written communication skills — specifically telephone skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and scheduling skills as observed in day-to-day work
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Must demonstrate flexibility, ability to follow through on all tasks in a timely fashion, good attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Strong team player and team building skills
- Able to handle sensitive issues with members and providers in a confidential manner
- Demonstrates initiative in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals and objectives
- Creative problem-solving skills with the ability to use community and network resources to meet members' needs
- Strong spelling and highly legible handwriting; type 30-40+ wpm accurately
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, or related field
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $15.77 to $27.79. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Your application has been successfully submitted.