Delivery Driver - Pharmacy Services
Responsible for the prompt and accurate delivery and distribution of radiopharmaceuticals or oncology pharmaceuticals to medical care providers in accordance with customer demand and requirements of the assigned route. Prepares doses for shipment, prepares cases, wipes doses, and loads and unloads containers in keeping with the prescribed safety standards and Department of Transportation (DOT).
- 40 hours per week. Work schedule Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 8:30am-5:00pm; and Saturday and Sunday from 5:00am-11:00am. On call 24 hours Saturday and Sunday. Working holidays in a rotational basis. Candidate must be flexible based on business need.
This position is benefit eligible the first day of employment. This includes medical, dental, vision, Paid Time Off, education assistance, 401K and more!
- Prepares and makes deliveries to customer accounts on assigned route using a company vehicle (non-cdl)
- Packages radiopharmaceutical medication for shipment, performs testing, and loads/unloads containers
- Uses a handheld tablet to scan customer orders for accuracy, obtain route stop information and navigation
- Processes packages returned from customer locations
- Maintains vehicles in proper working condition and may perform minor roadside repairs
- Performs general facility cleaning and other duties as required
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Must hold a valid driver's license and have a good driving record
- Minimum of 21 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Prior delivery driving experience a plus
- Ability to lift containers weighing up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable driving in all weather conditions during day or night hours
- Ability to sit, stand, be mobile and operate a vehicle for extended periods of time
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work weekends or be in a weekend rotation
- Ability to work holidays or be in a holiday rotation
- Ability to work on call or be in an on call rotation
- Flexibility to work various shifts or overtime as needed
- Ability to use computers and tablets
- A Covid-19 vaccination is required in order to be employed in this position. This includes either:
- 2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information/methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses/training/certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works with moderate degree of supervision. Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor
Your safety is our top priority. We regularly consult with medical professionals on best practices in COVID-19 prevention to protect our employees. We train our employees on these best practices and regularly clean our sites in accordance with CDC guidelines. Please note: All individuals entering our facilities are required to complete a self-health check, wear a mask and follow all posted guidelines.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Cardinal Health strives each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. With 50 years in business, Cardinal Health is essential to care.