Care Coordinator (Maternal & Fetal Medicine)
We are searching for a Care Coordinator - Maternal & Fetal Medicine— someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will manage daily clinical and personnel activities for the assigned department. You will participate and coordinate the delivery of high quality, family-centered and developmentally appropriate patient care. Lastly, you will collaborate with ancillary departments to ensure timely and appropriate care.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Utilize evidence-based nursing interventions during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and electronic communications according to state regulations, regulatory agency standards, and organizational policies and procedures
- Assist coordinators and members of the healthcare team in providing education to patients, families, communities, and staff concerning aspects of care
- Coordinate nursing care of patients across various departments and subspecialty services by demonstrating commitment to the team, flexibility, professional interpersonal, communication, critical thinking, and customer service skills
- Collect and maintain data on patient referrals and consults, to effectively manage the program and comprehensive database of subspecialty patients
- Act as a patient advocate in maintaining communication and promoting continuity of patient care within the department, multidisciplinary teams, and referring/community physicians
- Support staff in the development of their schedules and monitors the effectiveness of the process and staffing needs
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing, associate’s degree, or technical diploma in nursing with acceptance or current enrollment in a BSN program and signed agreement or an associate’s degree in a related field accepted by the Texas Board of Nursing for the purposes of obtaining and maintaining an RN license required or must be currently enrolled in a nursing bridge program working toward an MSN with a verified BSN-equivalency or a signed agreement
- RN License by Texas Board of Nursing or Nurse Licensure Compact
- BLS certification required
- 3 years’ experience in nursing
- MFM experience or L&D is preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to create a healthier future for children and women throughout our global community by leading in patient care, education and research.