Admissions Supervisor - Main Admissions - The Woodlands
We are searching for a Supervisor of Admissions – someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you’ll provide day-to-day direction and oversight to the assigned admissions team and serving as a resource for all admissions staff on highly complex issues and problem resolution. You will need to be a subject matter expert for the assigned Patient Access Representatives (PARs) and Patient Access Coordinators (PACs). Lastly, you will be expected to serve as a role model through providing high quality customer service in accordance with established organization and department regulations, policies and procedures.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Conducts daily and weekly analysis of reports, which assess the department performance and identify corrective action plans where required (stats, quality, staff churn/turnover and attendance)
- Supervises team members’ performance to ensure delivery on defined key performance indicators (KPIs) in line with organizational policies and procedures
- Identifies training and development needs within the team and works with representatives from the Revenue Cycle Training Team (RCET) and Human Resources (HR) and Patient Access leadership team to ensure continuous growth and development in the PAR/PAC role
- Prepares in advance for monthly one to one feedback meetings with direct reports. Following the prescribed review format and ensuring proper written documentation of all topics to be discussed during the meeting
- Implement quality controls through routine auditing to ensure process adherence and delivery of quality service
- Fully participates in Patient Access’ goal of delivering first class customer service.
- Manages the implementation of change initiatives while maintaining service levels and the highest levels of employee morale and productivity
- Monitors API system to ensure adherence to punctuality and attendance expectations in strict accordance with Hospital and departmental policies and procedures as measured by API reports and other performance and productivity metrics
- Participates in interviewing and evaluating applicants and makes employment recommendations as requested by leader
- Participates in the preparation and delivery of staff performance management plans (PMP)
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption
Skills & Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) years of experience in scheduling, registration, and/or pre-service verification (Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree may be substituted for the experience requirement)
- Knowledge of daily operations and expectations of a patient access environment including: front desk point of service duties, insurance verification/authorization, and pre-service estimate/collection (pre-service)
- Basic knowledge of best practice standards for customer service and management of customer expectations
- Understanding the importance of employee engagement in the front desk environment
- Ability to predict outcomes based on existing processes and/or checks and balances
- Must demonstrate strong PC skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet targets
- Ability to listen and record accurate information
- Must demonstrate self-initiated work behaviors and good verbal and written communication skills
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude and flexible approach
- Bilingual speaker (English and Spanish) is preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to create a healthier future for children and women throughout our global community by leading in patient care, education and research.