img1 RN Diabetes Educator Nurse Case Management Senior Analyst - Work from Home, (Bi-lingual/Spanish a plus)
Provides individualized diabetes education to all Cigna health plan customers with diabetes. The diabetes specialist promotes self-management to assist the customer with diabetes achieve individualized behavioral and treatment goals that reduce risks and optimize health outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes comprehensive assessments for each customer including learning needs.
- Determines mutually acceptable diabetes self-management goals and outcomes and develops a plan to obtain those outcomes.
- Provides diabetes self-management education in individual or group settings based on assessed needs.
- Utilizes primarily interactive, collaborative, skill based training methods with customers.
- In collaboration with the customer, develops and implements mutually agreed upon goals, learning objectives, and a self-management plan.
- In collaboration with the customer, develops an individualized follow up plan with each customer.
- Provides diabetes education and management on all aspects of diabetes self-management to adult customers with Type 1 or 2 diabetes. This includes but is not limited to: insulin instruction, blood glucose meter instruction, diabetes complications and prevention, behavioral goal setting, meal planning and carbohydrate counting.
- Provides information and education on continuous glucose monitoring and other new technology for diabetes management.
- Assists the customer in implementing mutually identified goals.
- Evaluates effectiveness of educational services provided by measuring attainment of learning objectives and goals.
- Documents assessment data, educational plan, educational services provided and evaluation results in each customer’s educational records.
- Conducts a follow-up assessment upon completion of Diabetes education program services.
- Assists, at the program level, in the development and selection of education materials, policies, protocols and procedures that enhance the customer’s experience with diabetes education and behavior modification.
- Utilizes a team approach to provide services.
- Collaborates and communicates with team members when needed.
- Identifies when a customer’s needs are outside the scope of the instructor’s practice and expertise, plus arranges for additional services to meet needs.
- Contributes to, and participates in, a continuous quality improvement (QI) process to measure Diabetes education program and to identify and address opportunities for improvement.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary teams to review high risk customers.
- Collaborates with community physicians to establish referral pathways, including possible travel physician offices and other meetings organized by health plan’s Network Operations department
- May be required to travel to various locations as needed.
- Appraises his/her performance to identify areas of strength and areas for improvement and to develop a plan for improvement and growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- In-depth knowledge about current diabetes treatment management.
- Have working knowledge of diabetes technology.
- Able to lead, instruct, and effectively manage groups and group classes.
- Ability to develop and maintain a collaborative, therapeutic, clinical relationship with each customer enrolled in the program.
- Ability to build and establish collaborative partnerships with internal providers and staff, community physicians, and matrix staff.
- Self-starter, motivated to make a difference in our customer’s lives.
- Highly organized and takes initiative for completing member assignments.
- Bi-lingual preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in nursing.
- Holds a current and valid Registered Nurse license in the state of Texas.
- Credentialed as a Diabetes Care and Education Specialist DCES Highly Preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of Diabetes self-management education and support experience.
- This role is patient facing & you must be fully vaccinated OR be required to undergo testing twice a week. Note, in some locations local law requires the clinician to be vaccinated with no testing option, in those locations local law takes precedent.
This role is WAH/Flex which allows most work to be performed at home. Employees must be fully vaccinated if they choose to come onsite.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Community that highlights what Cigna is doing around the globe to help improve the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those we serve.