HIV Prevention Program Outreach Coordinator
Under the direct supervision of the Harris County Public Health, HIV Prevention Program Manager the Outreach Coordinator participates closely with the program staff to support the program’s in-field targeted HIV and syphilis blood-based testing, condom distribution PrEP, and nPEP activities. The HIV Prevention Program Outreach Coordinator will conduct outreach activities and provide program support services for the HCPH HIV Prevention Program.
- Assists HIV Prevention Program staff in the field with HIV and Syphilis targeted testing activities including identification of high-risk areas, client recruitment, marketing of testing, PREP and nPEP recruitment, and other relevant projects and activities.
- Scouts out at risk communities and populations for PrEP and nPEP services to solicit partners for condom distribution based on HIV case data.
- Signs up community partners for condom distribution, monitors condom inventory and replenishes inventory as needed.
- Reviews client’s required paperwork and conducts risk assessment prior to testing.
- Performs phlebotomy and rapid testing as directed.
- Conducts community assessment activities including surveys, recording of focus groups, interviews, etc.
- Provides negative test results in person.
- Recruit Medical Providers with educational resources in service area for PrEP and nPEP education.
- Prepares samples for submission
- Monitors and maintains office supply and testing supply inventories.
- Prepares client packets for consent, counseling, risk assessment, and laboratory documentation.
- Prepares condom packets for distribution.
- Serves as a liaison and program support for the HIV Prevention Program staff and DCCP Division administrative personnel.
- Provides negative test results to clients as assigned by phone.
- Attends monthly team meetings.
Technical Expertise/Information Resource
- Assists program staff with data entry into the HIV testing database.
- Enters data for condom distribution activities into the risk reduction activities database.
- Updates client records in EPIC for any testing that she/he conducts.
- Responds to requests for information from partner agencies, providers, and other community members in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Runs control for rapid test kits in accordance with QA guidelines.
- Reviews test folders for completeness.
- Complies with all applicable Federal, State, and HCPH program requirements.
- May be called upon to work in the HCPH Prevention clinics or Harris county community to provide HIV prevention support services to individuals at high risk for HIV/STDs.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email ADACoordinator@bmd.hctx.net
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in public health or in any outreach setting experience
- Must maintain up-to-date documentation (driver’s license (TX upon hire), registration, insurance) for a personal or fleet-assigned vehicle for approved travel.
- Bilingual (Fluent in Spanish)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and data entry experience
- Must work a flexible schedule, with the ability to work evening, weekends, and holiday hours when required
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge, and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- HIV Prevention experience
- 40Hours/ Week
- Must work a flexible schedule, with the ability to work evenings, weekends, and holiday hours when required.
Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and drug screen.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date or at the discretion of the Hiring Department.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Keeping residents and our community healthy & safe!