Community Health Liaison for Internal Medicine (Casual)
We are looking for a Community Health Liason who will interview research subjects, primarily in the field, collect data and records data for various health studies. For this project we would prefer someone who is bilingual- Spanish and English. You must possess good communication skills, both written and verbal. This study will ask an employee to be familiar and willing to work with LGBTQ communities.
This is a casual or part time role that is not eligible for UTHealth benefits. You will be expected to work for an hourly rate approximately sixteen hours a week.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Interviews and established rapport with study participants in order to encourage complete accurate responses and continuing participation in the study. Works in the field, either going to homes or places of business or at specific study areas.
2. Contacts study participants to schedule interviews in the research study.
3. Decides methods of tracking participants, how to conduct interviews, and whether callbacks are necessary to get further information while coding.
4. Researches newspaper files, hospital records, funeral homes, and all other available resources to obtain names, addresses, phone numbers and other information about study participants.
5. Conducts intervention with research subjects and refers to appropriate physician or healthcare practitioner as outlines in the study policies, procedures, and protocols.
6. Schedules tests and physicals as outlines in the study policies, procedures, and protocols.
7. Codes and edits information for research projects for entry into database.
8. Handles administrative details such as time and effort reports, and mileage reports.
9. Other duties as assigned
Bilingual – Spanish/English preferred
Good communication skills, both written and verbal
High school degree or equivalent.
No experience required.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston’s health university since 1972.