Patient Liaison - Emergency Room
The Patient Liaison effectively interprets and communicates the institution's philosophy, policies, procedures, and services to patients, their families, and visitors. Demonstrates the ability to serve as a liaison between patient/family members, all hospital departments and administration. Responds professionally to identify and resolve problems as expressed by patients and ensures that each patient receives all the services and care to which he/she is entitled. This position functions strictly as a liaison and does not participate in hands-on patient care.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts on the patients' behalf in response to increasing patient satisfaction scores by reporting their appreciation, comments, concerns, and/or problems. (EF)
- Communicates directly with department heads, their designee, and/or administrative staff regarding specific problems and trends in service. (EF)
- Assists in developing and maintaining an effective system of documentation. (EF)
- Ensures adequate closure to patient issues through thorough and prompt follow-up.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient, hospital, or physician information by using discretion when discussing patient matters.
- Demonstrates respect for patients as unique individuals by honoring diversity in the patient population.
- Does not allow social or ethnic differences to influence patient care or effective communication.
- Utilizes pertinent findings from Patient Satisfaction Surveys, Customer Complaint Data, and other sources to identify areas of focus and implement proactive interventions as the patient advocate.
- Demonstrates the components of the ICARE values statement.
- Demonstrates Service PRIDE Standards.
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
BA/BS degree required with a focus in business or healthcare administration.
3 years of healthcare experience with a focus on customer service preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Excellent ability to build and sustain interpersonal relationships.
- Good organizational skills.
Houston Methodist Sugar Land Hospital
16655 Southwest Fwy
Sugar Land, TX 77479
The schedule for this position is rotating as follows:
While working during the weekday (M-F) the hours are 10a-10p and while working the weekend (Sat/Sun) the hours are 10a-6p
Your application has been successfully submitted.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRACTICING MEDICINE AND LEADING IT.