Care Senior Associate
This job is no longer accepting applications.
***Work at Home***
Shift: Monday-Friday (occasionally Sat if needed) (Start time 9am-12pm) 8 hour shift
The Personal Advocate performs duties related to the engagement of the member for a variety of medical / health conditions. The personal advocate is responsible for representing Cigna on all outbound and / or inbound calls through education to members in regards to available programs and services. Provides suitable educational materials and refers to appropriate programs based on the caller’s needs.
A day in the life of a Personal Advocate may include:
- Engagement and Education of clinical programs with all members.
- Ability to listen and stay focused on the member while using various systems to verify and document data.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to changing workflows, in a fast paced, results driven environment.
- Educate participants with respect to presenting issues and the parameters of services.
- Responsible for meeting phone metrics and Quality Indicators, 90% or greater each month.
- Initiates Complaint process.
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the responsibilities and workflows of the various departments within the site.
- Assigns cases to the appropriate staff member based on specific guidelines
- Participates and actively contributes in staff meetings and in-service seminars.
- Completes additional tasks and projects as assigned.
- Is responsible for role modeling our cultural beliefs
- Customer strong
- Me to We
- Own it
- Be Bold
- Listen to Advocate
- Think it through
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in a healthcare field preferred.
- Customer service and/or call center experience preferred.
- Training is 6 weeks long and will have a day shift schedule.
- No vacation time is allowed during training.
This position is not eligible to be performed in Colorado.
Cigna Corporation exists to improve lives. We are a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Together, with colleagues around the world, we aspire to transform health services, making them more affordable and accessible to millions. Through our unmatched expertise, bold action, fresh ideas and an unwavering commitment to patient-centered care, we are a force of health services innovation. When you work with us, or one of our subsidiaries, you’ll enjoy meaningful career experiences that enrich people’s lives. What difference will you make?Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing the online application process, please email: SeeYourself@cigna.com for support. Do not email SeeYourself@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Community that highlights what Cigna is doing around the globe to help improve the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those we serve.