This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Community Liaison (CL) will support the Community Development team in gathering feedback from neighbors that is specific to one of the following counties within our service area: Brazoria, Chambers, Ft. Bend, Liberty, or Waller. As both residents and experts of their geographic county, the CL will give voice to rural areas and other specific populations. The CL will help HFB be more engaged in place-based coalitions and workgroups within their designated county and will enhance HFB’s collaborative presence with the community. The CL will seek neighbor feedback prior to new HFB projects, and build strong ongoing relationships with residents.
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, sociology, public health, social work, health/wellness or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Strong customer service skills and willingness to assist others.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent writing skills.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Able to coordinate well with other departments and personnel.
- Ability to operate computer, copier and other business equipment.
- 2-4 years of community programming experience. Experience working directly with clients strongly preferred. Knowledge of local resources and general operations for nonprofits.
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Relationship Management
- Critical Thinking
- Ethical Practice
- Cultural Effectiveness
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Collaborates with programs, partners, communities and clients to build long-lasting relationships.
- Reports to and receives guidance and direction from the Community Development Senior Manager.
- Work with Community Development Senior Manager to implement feedback collecting mechanisms throughout designated county.
- Research and understand the larger county community, leaders, resources and needs.
- Advise HFB staff about county’s needs and strengths.
- Build relationships with county partners, organizations, communities and individuals. Engage coalitions and other groups by representing HFB’s mission and vision, and searching for opportunities for collaboration.
- Oversee basic office and clerical tasks with interns and volunteers.
- Attends all meetings for outreach services and HFB as required.
- Keep supervisor, director and managers updated about activities and projects.
- Work with other HFB departments and staff on projects, to supply information, offer support and updates, and represent Outreach.
2. Plans community engagement projects and synthesizes findings.
- Plan and coordinate feedback events. Draft event questions and materials. Take notes and recordings at events. Use collected data to create findings and takeaways.
- Solicit and use feedback from HFB staff regarding usefulness of created tools and feedback events.
- Use and understand appropriate software and tools.
- Compiles and provides metrics as required.
3.Adhere to PACT values. (Purpose: Using our strengths passionately to contribute to our mission. Accountability: Choosing to rise above one’s circumstances and demonstrating ownership to achieve results. See It. Own It. Solve It. Do It. Courage: Standing up for what’s right and taking action. Transparency: Doing things openly and honestly.)
4.Perform other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibility: This role occasionally supervises interns and volunteers for basic clerical projects.
It is the policy of the Houston Food Bank to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment and employees in compliance with federal, state, and local laws. This means that the Houston Food Bank does not discriminate on the basis of a person’s race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age, military and/or veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. This Policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, training, promotion, termination, layoff, leaves of absence, and compensation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Filling pantries. Filling lives.