Health Equity - Community Health Worker (Temp, 2 openings)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Galveston County Health District is seeking Health Equity - Community Health Workers!
The right candidate will be responsible for working with community leaders and other groups in Galveston County to Identify and target communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and educate the community on the benefit of vaccination.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, Affordable Medical insurance, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Salary Rate: $57,408.00 (2 openings)
**THIS IS A FULL TIME, TEMPORARY POSITION THAT ENDS May 31, 2023**
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
- Bachelor’s degree in health promotion, public health or another related field required.
- Current Community Health Certification preferred.
- Experience in working with Community Health Projects and/or comparable internship experience preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Experience in a local health department and/or any experience using population-based activities to address a public health concern is preferred.
- Frontline public health workers who have a close understanding of the community they serve.
- Skill in providing prevention, wellness.
- Ability to comprehend and educate on current high-risk health disparities.
- Ability to creatively plan and execute health promoting projects within and for the community.
- Strong presentation skills, including public speaking, networking, and written communication skills a must.
- Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles.
- Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable.
- Customer Service Oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent Computer Skills MS Office.
- Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary.
- Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy.
- Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements.
- Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
- Performs COVID activities as outlined by the grant work plan.
- Work with community leaders, staff, and other groups in the community to educate the community on the benefits of COVID vaccination.
- Attend and work at vaccination clinics when needed.
- Identify and target communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.
- Work with target communities to identify and document ideas on how to increase vaccination rates in targeted communities.
- Work with targeted communities to design an intervention aimed at addressing an identified community need.
- Participate in community health activities, campaign, etc.
- Adheres to current grant requirements that call for activities that mobilize community partnerships in identifying & solving community health problems.
- Maintains monthly logs to provide accountability for services rendered.
- Gathers and reports statistical data monthly on outreach completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
To apply please visit www.gchd.org/jobs and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.