This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Linkage Coordinator will conduct HIV outreach, counseling, testing and referral services; document activities; implement behavioral interventions, collect data and provide other HIV prevention services in targeted communities; and provide linkage for clients to HIV medical care and case management, partner services and essential services as needed. This is a full-time position that reports to the program coordinator.
- Follow CDC Protocol-Based Counseling guidelines
- Follow testing guidelines set by the Department of State Health and Human Services
- Conduct HIV prevention and intervention activities with target population
- Conduct motivational interview techniques
- Conduct in-depth risk assessment and risk reduction counseling
- Perform all HIV outreach services in accordance with Texas Administrative Code
- Adhere to established procedures for conducting street outreach
- Provide outreach through social media entities
- Distribute written materials for educational and health literacy levels of target population
- Utilize webpage and Internet to conduct HIV outreach services
- Participate in targeted recruitment of participants
- Adhere to quality management policies and procedures
- Provide HIV½ Advanced Antibody Test using Rapid Test process,
- Distribute materials to support risk reduction (condoms. Substance abuse reduction tools and other safer sex tools) to target population
- Compile and submit cumulative and quarterly program reports
- Comply with program procedure guidance as outlined by state and federal entities
- Attend appropriate community resource meetings, staff meetings, trainings, and telephone conferences
- Participate in general HIV testing events
- Conduct Community identification activities
- Attend the HIV Community Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
- Perform other assigned duties in a timely and efficient matter,
- Perform and oversee special projects.
- Provide linkage and follow-up to clients receiving referrals from the program.
- Undergraduate degree in social or behavioral sciences
- Two years successful experience conducting HIV outreach, testing, counseling and prevention/intervention activities with target population
- Knowledgeable and competent in discussing the clinical aspects of HIV, Hepatitis C and other communicable diseases associated with substance use/abuse
- Able to demonstrate ability to address concerns openly and comfortable about sexual and substance abuse risk behaviors to target population
- Thorough knowledge of the target areas, including resources, culture and overall environment,
- Two years experience in the use of motivational interviewing techniques, and harm-reduction models Transtheoretical Model of Stages of Change,
- Foster and maintain working linkages with community resources
- Current valid driver’s license and daily access to a vehicle during work hours,
- Successful completion of required HIV prevention and counseling course as outlined by local, state, and federal government,
- Able to demonstrate ability to enter and report data into various computer systems
- Outstanding organizational, verbal and written communication skills,
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse community groups,
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Proficient in using social media networks YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram
3353 ELGIN ST - HOUSTON, TX
4 Year Degree
Nonprofit - Social Services
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Changing Lives. Trusting The Power Of Potential.