Outreach Program Manager (COVID 19)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Outreach Manager will perform program administration, coordinate projects/initiatives and implement community development projects or programs in support of the COVID-19 Division. The Manager will oversee day-to-day outreach operations with an effort to increase access, communication, community engagement and education for residents of Harris County. The manager will assume accountability for achieving programmatic goals and objectives.
- Creates a consistent outreach plans to provide education and build awareness of HCPH programs and services.
- Develops and implements strategic plans for the Outreach and HCPHC Connect teams to serve all divisions and offices across Harris County Public Health.
- Employs data-driven approaches and create measurable outcomes to measure success of the teams.
- Works closely with departmental partners, CJO, and the Commissioner’s Offices to ensure strategies align both within HCPH and with overall Harris County goals.
- Sustains and builds relationships and partnerships with community-based organizations, businesses, school districts, and other innovative partners.
- Serves as a community liaison and primary contact for outside partners.
- Attends and /or organize community outreach meetings to represent HCPH.
- Analyzes project goals and develop plans/processes for project deadlines and completion.
- Establishes and maintains partners database to perform outreach activities.
Workforce Management Duties:
- Develops staff schedules and direct and supervise the work of the staff on the outreach team.
- Owns all aspects of staffing processes: hiring, training, onboarding, off-boarding, and ensuring all have the knowledge, resources, and equipment needed to efficiently do their jobs.
- Develops staffing plans and schedules to meet department needs that reflect understanding of the importance of cost-effectiveness.
- Maintains ongoing communication and collaborate with members of other HCPHS divisions, HC departments, community partners and the community in general.
Quality Assurance Activities:
- Evaluates and documents staff performance.
- Ensures and safe and effective working environment.
- Actively participates in staff meetings and case conferences, including giving oral reports.
- Reviews and implements data collection tools and ensure data collected is clean and viable for analyzation.
Data Collection/Entry Duties:
- Maintains comprehensive documentation for data collection; and provide statistical data and/or reports per grant requirements.
- Records and reports key metrics through use of internal tracking system.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including special tasks involved in responding to an emergency event.
Harris County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you need special services or accommodations, please call (713) 274-5445 or email.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Health Science, Public Health or Social Work-related fields.
- Valid Driver’s License (TX upon hire)
- Minimum of Two (2) years of experience managing outreach services in a public health or healthcare environment.
- Experience leading collaborations with a broad range of partners, including community leaders, community-based organizations, and state or federal partners.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Work, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams, etc.)
NOTE: Qualifying education, experience, knowledge, and skills must be documented on your job application. You may attach a resume to the application as supporting documentation but ONLY information stated on the application will be used for consideration. "See Resume" will not be accepted for qualifications.
- Master’s degree in Health, Public Health, Health Care Administration, Social Work, or related field.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Read, Write and Speak).
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- 40Hours/ Week
- Houston, TX 77027
- Commensurate with experience.
- Based on 26 pay periods.
Additional Information - Core Competencies
- Understands the organizational mission.
- Understands ethics and public good; is concerned with public trust.
- Demonstrates respect for the opinions and beliefs of others.
- Demonstrates a sense of responsibility for the success of the group.
- Collaborates with others to improve quality and address needs.
- Ability to adapt to change.
Interpersonal Abilities/Personal Characteristics
- Uses sound judgment.
- Organizes and maintains work environment to allow for maximum productivity.
- Communicates clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Written and verbal English competency.
- Able to read and follow directions.
Due to a high volume of applications positions may close prior to the advertised closing date.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Keeping residents and our community healthy & safe!