Director of Guest Relations / Service Quality
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Director Guest Relations is responsible for directing & managing the functions of the hospital Guest Relations and Houston Methodist (HM) system Service Quality department. This includes serving as the leader of both the HM service quality / Methodist Experience program and hospitals guest relations / Methodist Experience program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
People, Finance, & Growth
- Sets organizational & operational priorities & goals in consultation with hospital leadership & senior management. Gives direction and guidance to staff to accomplish goals. (EF)
- Plans, budgets, organizes & manages the department to accomplish department, hospital, & service line operational & strategic objectives, while staying within budgetary guidelines. (EF)
- Hires, coaches, mentors, develops, and manages performance consistent with current policy & procedures. Directs, delegates, & oversees work assignments to ensure the best possible delivery of service & high customer/patient satisfaction. (EF)
- Promotes a satisfied & competent workforce, and a positive work environment by establishing a climate for growth & challenge. (EF)
- Patient Satisfaction: Serves as the champion for hospital performance in patient experience by providing analysis, interpretation, and communication of scores and directing continuous improvement activities. Utilizes pertinent findings from Patient Satisfaction Surveys, Customer Complaint Data and other sources, to identify and implement appropriate process changes, interventions, and reward/recognition programs. (EF)
- System Service Quality: Serves as champion for HM system-wide performance for patient experience. Directs corporate service quality and data analysis functions. Manages relationship with outside vendors (e.g., survey, consulting). Monitors and evaluates national patient experience trends and provides recommendations to hospital and corporate leadership to improve performance.
- Guest Relations / Service Recovery: Communicates directly with department heads, their designee and/or administrative staff regarding specific problems and trends in service. Meets with patients/families upon request to identify concerns and consults with the leadership team on behalf of the patient to investigate and resolve identified issues. Follows up with patients/families as necessary to ensure issue resolution is complete. (EF)
- Demonstrates the components of the I CARE values statement (Integrity, compassion, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence). (EF)
- Demonstrates Service standards (smiles and make eye contact; greets each patient and visitor; seeks out patient and visitor contact; displays appropriate body language at all times; take 5 minutes each day to go above and beyond for one patient or visitor; honors diversity; thanks every customer).
- Follows all safety rules while on the job. Report all accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards. Communicates with peers and management regarding any hazards identified in the workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelors degree required, Masters degree highly preferred
Business/Statistics, Management, Marketing, Communications, Psychology; HR, Education or Organizational Development; or other relevant field.
Five to eight years of relevant experience in healthcare, hospitality/service, or related industry is required
Two years managerial experience required; highly preferred in an acute care hospital setting; other healthcare related, hospitality, or service industry may be considered.
Two years of customer service program design & implementation is required.
Experience in managing & developing volunteer programs & services; Patient and/or customer satisfaction surveys & processes; and patient and/or grievance / complaint processes are required.
Healthcare marketing experience highly desirable.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
No licensure required for this positions.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Advanced Computer skills & demonstrated ability to proficiently utilize MS Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective statistical analysis, interpretation, & reporting
- Ability to effectively lead, direct, motivate, & inspire others through vision & values
- Ability to facilitate & adapt to change, build & sustain collaborative partnerships, and build trust
- Strong facilitation and problem solving abilities
- Excellent Interpersonal and training skills
- Strong Customer service skills
- Financial acumen
- Strong project management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to meet changing market/business demands
- Ability to communicate effectively with various age groups
- Ability to understand the fluid nature of volunteer work.
Houston Methodist Baytown Hospital, located 35 miles east of downtown Houston, is the area's only full-service hospital offering specialized medical care for patients at every stage in life. This 230 operating beds hospital with 15 operating rooms and over 1,700 employees brings Medical Center excellence and quality care close to East Harris and surrounding counties.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRACTICING MEDICINE AND LEADING IT.