Patient Outreach & Quality Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- The Patient Outreach and Quality Specialist is responsible for supporting providers by making outbound calls to new and established patients to schedule appointments. You must enjoy speaking with patients (particularly the aging population) on the phone and possess the in-depth understanding and the diverse skills to overcome patient issues, hesitation, or objections. You are accountable for making high volume of calls with exceptional patient service. You will also be accountable for identifying and closing gaps in care for value-based contracted patients with quality needs. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of clinical quality measures and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while using excellent communication skills to serve our patient populations. He/she must be proactive with strong personal initiative as well as highly organized and detail oriented. The Patient Outreach and Quality Specialist will be a crucial member of the Clinical Operations team, who will assist with achieving success in measurable clinical quality performance.
How you can make a difference
- Exhibit caring attitude toward patients, co-workers, physicians, clinical staff, and other customers.
- Outreach to patients appropriate for services provided by VillageMD including Annual Wellness Visits, Health Fairs, and other preventive care services
- Establish patient engagement resulting in low denial rates and high appointment scheduling rates
- Schedule patient appointments accurately in EMR system according to established policies and procedures.
- Identify and handle patient needs, while working in a team environment.
- Collect, and update new patient’s demographic and insurance information; verify and update established patient’s demographic and insurance information.
- Submit appropriate and detailed documentation for patient appointments and patient cases in EMR system.
- Maintain awareness of changes/updates within Village Medical by attending departmental meetings and reading emails.
- Convert greater than 60% of answered calls to successful visit
- Utilize various practice EMRs to review patient charts, extract proof of care and submit documentation thru payer portals or otherwise electronically.
- Identify and relay appropriate actions to address clinical quality measures that have not been satisfied during the performance period.
- Maintain current knowledge of quality measure specifications to be captured in EMR for clinical quality measures.
- Work closely with the Clinical Lead if patient outreach efforts are determined to be needed.
- Work collaboratively with other departments on quality specific projects to help close data discrepancies.
- Identify opportunities for continuous quality improvement.
- Actively participate as a member of the health care team to promote positive health outcomes for our patients and support our healthcare partners
Skills for success
- Personal Initiative: Highly accountable, self-starter; strong sense of urgency; can work autonomously with limited direction.
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes.
- Emotional Intelligence: Self-aware; successfully navigates internal staff dynamics.
- The ability to be flexible in an ambiguous and dynamic environment. A service orientation and a "can do" attitude
- Communication: distills complex, technical topics articulately to a nontechnical audience.
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results.
- Leadership: proven experience and desire to develop and nurture teams.
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
- A willingness to learn on your own and take initiative. A low ego and humility; an ability to gain trust through good communication and doing what you say you will do
Experience to drive change
- High school Diploma or Equivalency
- Minimum of two (2) year customer service experience
- Prior experience physician office/healthcare preferred
- Previous HEDIS or healthcare quality experience preferred
- Comfort utilizing a variety of electronic health records including data capture, data mining, and payor portals.
- Familiarity with EMRs-preferably Athena
- Bilingual – English and Spanish, preferred
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Positioning Primary Care for Success