Referral Coordinator - Call Center
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Referral Coordinator to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader on the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We're creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
In this role, the Referral Coordinator will partner with our Village Medical team and collaborate with provider office staff, patients, and community partners to ensure the appropriate care and program support is accessible.
Could this be you?
The Referral Coordinator orchestrates the deliberate organization of cost efficient, effective, patient care to facilitate the timely delivery of health services and minimize fragmentation of care. This individual identifies and engages with patients going outside the practice for care and as well as specified populations in need of disease prevention services.
How you can make a difference:
- Assesses patient and family preferences for method of receiving information
- Communicates information, including but not limited to appointment details to patients via telephone email, patient portal, or other available communication tools
- Ensures that barriers to care (such as language, transportation and financial) are addressed
- Collaborates with available community programs, or internal departments to provide assistance to patients
- Provides clear, thorough and accurate documentation of all interactions with patients, and other individuals on behalf of patients, in the patient’s electronic health records
- Follows organizational guidelines regarding the use of the Electronic Medical Record (EMR) in compliance with HIPAA and patient confidentiality standards
- Maintains access to the Health Information Exchange (HIN) and other related systems
- Uses HIN and other related systems to gather information needed to coordinate care and keep patients’ electronic health records up to date with the status of care that is being coordinated
- Coordinates medical specialty referrals and procedures for patients, ensuring that referrals and procedures are timely, efficient, and equitable
- Processes necessary prior authorizations and insurance referrals as needed to complete the referral process
- Maintains surveillance ticklers and/or work with Health Information Technology to proactively identify the need for patient care
- Navigates patient to care, as assigned
Skills for success:
- Self-motivated: energetic, self-starter; can work autonomously
- Results oriented: bias for action; demonstrated track record of achievement; drive for attainment of superior outcomes
- Flexible: ably navigates within ambiguity; solution-oriented
- Communication: conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively both verbally and in writing; strong presentation skills
- Collaboration: orientation to team-based work product and results
- Service: Actively supports others, demonstrates an optimistic, can-do approach to issue resolution
- Humility: low ego; engenders trust; respectful
Experience to drive change:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1-3 years’ experience in the medical or health insurance field preferred
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Fluency in written and spoken English, including medical terminology
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including, empathy, patience, compassion, courtesy and attentiveness
- Ability to work independently with a strong sense of focus
- Task-oriented, strong organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Strong attention to detail
- Skilled in basic computer operations and EMR
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred
How you will thrive:
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefits package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Positioning Primary Care for Success