Wellness Coordinator – Remote
Wellness Coordinators provide telephonic aftercare follow-up for enrollees once discharged from an inpatient treatment setting. Cases for follow-up are generated from inpatient authorizations entered into UBH’s clinical documentation system.
Schedule Monday-Friday 10:30am -7pm central. No evenings, and no weekends.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Receiving inbound calls from behavioral health providers requesting prior authorizations for behavioral health services in this virtual call center environment
- Data collection including inputting information into multiple documentation systems
- Pre-certs with providers and facilities will be completed through the incoming phone queue
- Coordinate information to clinical team partners
- Determine if the enrollee is aware of his/her aftercare plan and provides assistance with any additional behavioral health needs. Enrollees that do not have an aftercare appointment or missed their scheduled appointment are assisted in setting up a new appointment
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school degree required
- Proficient use of computer, including internet searches and MS Office applications
- Oral and written communication skills — specifically telephone skills
- Demonstrated effective organizational skills and scheduling skills as observed in day-to-day work
- Customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong spelling and highly legible handwriting; type 30-40+ wpm accurately
- Attention to detail, as observed in day to day work
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Must demonstrate flexibility, ability to follow through on all tasks in a timely fashion, good attention to detail and a willingness to learn
- Strong team player and team building skills
- Able to handle sensitive issues with members and providers in a confidential manner
- Demonstrates initiative in achieving individual, team, and organizational goals and objectives
- Ability and flexibility to assume responsibilities and tasks in a constantly changing work environment
- 1+ years’ experience working within a call center environment
- 2+ years of Managed care experience
- 2+ years of Medical / Behavioral setting experience (i.e. hospital, managed care organization, or joint medical / behavioral outpatient practice)
- 2+ years of Microsoft Office experience (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or related field
- Casework experience at hospitals, social service agencies or community health centers
- Dual diagnosis experience with mental health and substance abuse
- Experience working in an environment that required coordination of benefits and utilization of multiple groups and resources for patients
- Experience working with low-income populations
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 6, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant – and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. The hourly range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $15.77 to $27.79. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: customer service, behavioral health, case management, social work, psychology, community based resources, coordination of benefits, Eastern Time Zone, Central Time Zone, Senior Wellness Coordinator, work from home, work at home, WFH, WAH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO
Your application has been successfully submitted.