Executive Assistant- Breast Imaging
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Acts independently as an assistant to Department Chair, handling highly confidential correspondence and information; analyzes problems and makes decisions affecting the division or department. Performs highly responsible administrative support for the Department Chair. Position requires a considerable degree of attention to detail, multitasking, decision-making and independent judgment related to situations often of a sensitive and confidential nature. Coordinates administrative activities of the Physician Support Staff, impacts department efficiency. Coordinates activities in cooperation with the Department Chair and Section Chiefs.
Is expected to speak for the Department Chair on routine and administrative matters relating to faculty. Requires use of strong verbal and written communication skills. Performs administrative tasks identified by Department Chair and Section Chiefs. Requires considerable expertise of independent judgment and initiatives. Composes own correspondence; may compose confidential correspondence for Department Chair. Must be able to work independently with limited supervision and make decisions and resolve problems in the absence of supervisory personnel.
Communications Liaison to Department Chair
- Acts independently as an assistant to Department Chair, handling highly confidential correspondence, meeting invitations and information regarding faculty recruitment, contracts, promotion and tenure, grievances, patient complaints and disciplinary actions. When the chair is out of the office, the executive assistance will offer assistance in the resolution of issues and/or directing to appropriate person for assistance.
- Utilizes independent judgment regarding requests for assistance and across to the Department Chair. Independently analyzes problems and makes decisions, which may affect the department and/or division.
- Reviews incoming correspondence presented for Department Chair signature or distribution. Works effectively with a variety of professionals, including administrators, physicians, management staff, and employees. Follows-up with assigned physicians/supervisor to answer correspondence (monitoring mail). Utilizes clear verbal communication and good assessment skills in the face-to-face encounters and telephone conversations with associated staff.
- Responsible for administrative aspects, such as faculty performance appraisals and sensitive faculty personnel issues at the department level.
Administrative Support to Department Chair:
- Administratively supports routine program operations including various forms of secretarial support: maintains assigned databases, and program files; reconciles cost centers, compiles and produces reports, graphs, spreadsheets, announcements, brochures and other project information; composes formal and informal correspondence; creates and formats presentations and poster presentations requiring use of graphic design software such as PowerPoint.
- Type and self-correct correspondence resulting in 98% accuracy on first draft and 100% on second draft.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings for Department Chair and maintains DR Chair calendar up-to-date. Makes an independent decision regarding the scheduling and rescheduling of meetings and institutional committee meetings.
- Arranges meetings according to department specifications, including booking rooms, catering and equipment request.
- Maintains and keeps track of the Chair's professional licensure and membership renewal dates on an on-going basis.
- Makes travel arrangements, prepares travel requests, expense reimbursements, leave authorization requests, equipment relocation form, and other requests/forms as required. Most of these requests/forms are processed on-line. A duplicate of the majority of these requests/forms must be entered in departmental databases for data manipulation and reporting purposes.
- Files and maintains general office files, reproduces documents utilizing a copier, faxes documents utilizing a fax machine, etc.
- Answers phone and relays/writes detailed messages accurately. Answers phone by at least the third ring using greeting etiquette. Determines urgency of calls and alerts the appropriate staff, immediately, of emergencies or potential problem situations. Places long distance calls as instructed.
Academic Support to Department Chair
- Types and maintains up-to-date curriculum vitae in institutional format for assigned physicians. Preparation/updates to biosketch and other supporting documents.
- Ensures timely submission of required reports/documents for manuscripts and grants by tracking stages, alerting investigators and initiating response process.
- Researches, complies information, edits and prepares documents for submission of grants, abstracts, manuscripts, protocols and other research studies, adhering to formatting requirements and requiring the use of referencing software (e.g. Endnotes and Reference Manager).
- duties as assigned.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required : Five years of administrative/secretarial experience supporting a leadership/executive level position.
Preferred: Ten years or more of progressively complex secretarial experience, two years required experience gained at MD Anderson Cancer Center
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 144706
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Remote Work: Hybrid Onsite/Remote
- Pivotal Position: Yes
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 44,800
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 57,400
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 70,000
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The official account of MD Anderson Cancer Center, a leader in cancer care, cancer research and the fight to #EndCancer.