Reimbursement Operations Specialist (SOD-DB Patient Services)
Ensures that billable patient charge documents have been correctly coded with standardized coding conventions to obtain optimum reimbursement.
This position will requier the candidate to be a self-starter with a can-do, innovative and forward-thinking mindset; highly adaptable to new knowledge/skills in a fast-paced environment; meticulous attention to detail. Posess knowledge and understanding of insurance benefit plans, claims processing, Explanation of Benefits (EOB). Experience in general Revenue Cycle processes; Proficiency in EMR/EHR systems and software applications, i.e. Microsoft Office, especially Excel. Strong critical thinking and conflict resolution skills; ability to work independently without close supervision. Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Reviews insurance company documents to ensure accuracy of reimbursement.
- Monitors charges/reimbursements to optimize collection process.
- Interfaces with Medicare, Medicaid, and/or insurance companies to handle various problems.
- Analyzes fee structures to ensure professional fee billings.
- Stays abreast of coding procedures in order to utilize state-of-the-art methods of accurate reimbursement.
- Trains various personnel in billing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Two years of directly related experience in area of specialty.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston’s health university since 1972.