Child Life Activity Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are searching for a Child Life Activity Coordinator -- someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will provide a comprehensive play program with a focus on ensuring opportunities for normal growth and development, normalization/mastery of the environment, peer to peer support by encouraging family and peer interaction, and healing experiences through play.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Normalizes the hospital environment and supports developmental needs
- Prioritizes patient play/activity needs through daily report or verbal consults as evidenced by unit leadership team observation
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team to assess individualized patient care goals that can be met through normalizing play
- Provides developmentally appropriate activities at bedside
- Maintains a safe, clean, and well-organized activity room environment
- Conducts scheduled volunteer orientation and supports the volunteers' learning
- Works collaboratively with the Office of Philanthropy to generate goodwill for the child life program
- Demonstrates effective communication skills that promote free expression of ideas and viewpoints, by acknowledging value in others’ perspectives, and using conflict resolution techniques in a direct manner when appropriate while maintaining a positive working environment
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1 year experience working with children inside or outside of a hospital environment preferred
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to create a healthier future for children and women throughout our global community by leading in patient care, education and research.