Case Manager II
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Join our team as the Case Manager II. As Case Manager II you are responsible for dealing with difficult clients participating in the Rapid Rehousing Program (COVID), coordinating/updating referral services, and providing input regarding complex cases. Also responsible for maintaining client files following agency policies, inputting client information in a designated database(s), and gathering and reporting program metrics.
The successful candidate will have strong communication, collaborative and time management skills.
The Expertise We Are Looking For
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- You have a bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or another relevant field
- In lieu of degree, you have four years of experience in Housing Case Management
The Skills and Assets You Bring, and More
- It is preferred that you are fully bilingual in Spanish and English (read, write and speak)
- You have one to two years of experience in case management
- It is preferred that you have nonprofit experience
- You have experience conducting outreach and presentations
- You are flexible and an effective team player, able to adapt to changes and a busy workplace environment
- You have knowledge and experience with housing issues and available resources
- You have experience and knowledge with the challenges of and resources for those at-risk of homelessness
- You know homelessness and related issues, and poverty-related issues
- You can work with diverse communities
- The position requires routing TB (Tuberculosis) testing and documentation (post-offer)
- You have excellent organizational skills and an ability to self-motivate
- You have excellent written and verbal communication and people skills
- You are computer literate – having experience with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and using internet
- You can work under pressure, address multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- You can identify key issues in problem-solving and implement effective and creative solutions
The Value You Deliver
You join Catholic Charities and help people in southeast Texas by providing caring, compassionate services and advocating for social justice in collaboration with parishes and communities.
What you Deliver
- You assess individuals and families for strengths and barriers, including employment, behavioral health, criminal history, and substance use, and refer household to appropriate levels of housing and rental assistance. You assist individuals and families with establishing and meeting housing and related goals, and identifying appropriate steps towards achieving goals, including modifying goals as needed, and evaluation of progress. You carry a caseload of individuals and families, which may include home-based case management.
- You maintain precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including client files and entries into the program databases.
- You coordinate with a variety of outside providers, as necessary, to meet client’s needs and avoid duplications of services. Provides community resource referrals for clients.
- You perform other duties as assigned.
How Your Work Impacts our Organization
The work you do will help us advocate for the vulnerable among us, a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
People of Faith. Helping People in Need. 💙 Serving ALL people in need throughout the Greater Houston region. Need help? ☎️ Call 713.526.4611