Care Coordinator - Case Management
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We want to help members navigate the healthcare system in a better and safer way, feel their best, and better manage their chronic diseases (like diabetes, congestive heart failure, and COPD). Our case and disease management programs are critical to achieving these goals, and care coordinators will play a key role in supporting these programs. You'll serve as an advocate for these members, supporting the nurse case and disease managers and diabetes educators and ensuring the members have the necessary resources and support to achieve better health outcomes. You’ll be an important part of helping us connect members with their healthcare needs like appointments, transportation, supplies, and durable medical equipment, through outreach and follow-up communication. You’ll also help us connect the dots with other providers in the members’ health care team, like primary care providers, cardiologists, and endocrinologists, by helping with written communications and follow-up calls. You might also call members directly to check in on their complex needs and/or chronic disease symptoms.
Our ideal care coordinator is caring, compassionate, solution-oriented and enthusiastic about providing an outstanding experience for Devoted Health’s members. They are committed to integrity, excellence, and empowering our most complex members to confidently navigate the healthcare system and live healthier lives. They are ready to innovate, adaptable to a continuously evolving startup environment, and willing to start scrappy, working with the whole Devoted family to create a revolution in how care is delivered.
Responsibilites will include:
- Calling members to perform health risk assessments to get a full picture of their health and needs
- Coordinating with provider offices and home health agencies to ensure members get what they need
- Checking in with members over the phone to see how they’re doing and that they’ve received the assistance they need; helping them with supplies, equipment, appointments, and transportation as needed
- Reviewing care plans for members to identify ways to help
- Working hand-in-hand with other Devoted teams to address member needs.
- Providing operational and administrative support to Devoted Nurse Case and Disease Managers and Diabetes Educators.
Attributes to success:
- Things move swiftly at a startup - enjoying a fast paced environment is key
- Understanding urgency and having the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- You follow up relentlessly
- You can see the process and ways to make it better
- Ability & agility to multitask - you may be asked to do several things and need to change plans mid day
- You’re a great team player with a can do attitude
- Great communication skills - you’ll be talking and emailing with a lot of different stakeholders
Desired skills and experience:
- Minimum educational experience: high school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years healthcare administrative/office experience
- Proficient in technology - you’ll be working in Gmail /G Suite
- A history of being organized and having high attention to detail - it’s the little things that matter
- Previous experience in social services a plus
- Fully bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred but not required
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you! If you lack a specific credential for this position but believe that your strengths and life experiences will propel our mission, we would love to hear from you.
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered. The Company will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified employees with disabilities or for a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance.
Your application has been successfully submitted.