This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Faculty/Management Support
- Maintain and update the faculty's curriculum vitae, biographical sketch and external profile in the FIS on a monthly basis. Post current version on the GU shared drive.
- Enter faculty travel days in the Web Schedule database and include the extramural balance for tracking purposes.
- Assist the Executive Assistant and Chairman with coordination of the faculty evaluations.
- Assist the faculty, Department Administrator and Management team with completing reports as requested.
- Maintain electronic records of faculty activities.
- Assist with orientation and training of new employees.
- Responsible for sorting incoming mail for assigned faculty and staff.
- Transcription of oral dictation.
- Assist faculty and Grant Program staff by researching and compiling information for grants and reports.
- Assist faculty and managers with presentations and posters as needed.
- Schedule meetings and appointments for faculty and managers (includes updating calendars, conference room reservations, A/V, and catering).
- Coordinate travel arrangements and itineraries for faculty, staff and visitors (includes reimbursements
and expense reports upon completion of trips).
- Departmental Support
- Gather pertinent information in order to compose written correspondence.
- Format manuscripts according to journal requirements and submit for publication.
- Display a strong command of the English language (including proper grammar and verbal/written communication).
- Organize and disseminate information in a clear, concise manner.
- Maintain, monitor and reconcile financial activities (including PRS).
- Backup departmental telephones.
- Follow up on all assignments to ensure timely completion.
- Provide administrative support to the Department Administrator and the Department as needed.
- Assist Department Administrator with special projects as assigned.
- Provide administrative support to other department staff as needed.
- Maintain appropriate interpersonal relationships with employees, peers and customers.
- Maintain desk area by keeping it clean and free of clutter.
- Mail, fax and phone triage.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent. Four years of administrative/secretarial experience. With preferred degree, no experience required. Must pass pre-employment skills test as required and administered by Human Resources. It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 142779
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Days
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 36,000
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 45,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 54,000
- Science Jobs: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The official account of MD Anderson Cancer Center, a leader in cancer care, cancer research and the fight to #EndCancer.