Medical Coder – CenterWell
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Medical Coder extracts clinical information from a variety of medical records and assigns appropriate diagnosis, procedure, and evaluation management codes (e.g., ICD-10-CM, CPT) to patient records. The Medical Coder assumes ownership and leads advanced and highly specialized administrative/operational/customer support duties that require independent initiative and judgment.
The Medical Coder will conduct pre-visit chart reviews using multiple systems to identify chronic conditions and HEDIS gaps, in which they communicate to providers. The Medical Coder will also conduct post-visit chart reviews to verify diagnosis codes and add procedure and E/M codes. Responds to or clarifies internal requests for medical information. Works within broad guidelines with little oversight.
- Associates Degree
- Certified medical coder with Certification(s) from AAPC or AHIMA (e.g., CPC, CRC, CCS, or CCS-P).
- Expertise in ICD-10-CM and HCPCS
- Expertise in CPT, Category II, and/or E/M coding
- EMR experience (e.g., eCW, EPIC, etc.)
- Experience with MS office products
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
- Strong team player and emotional intelligence
- Ability to make decisions based on independent thinking and business objectives
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience as a certified medical coder
- 2+ years of Risk Adjustment (HCC) coding knowledge/experience
- 1+ years of HEDIS knowledge/experience
As part of our hiring process, we will be using an exciting interviewing technology provided by Modern Hire, a third-party vendor. This technology provides our team of recruiters and hiring managers an enhanced method for decision-making.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you will receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice Interview and/or an SMS Text Messaging interview. If participating in a pre-recorded interview, you will respond to a set of interview questions via your phone. You should anticipate this interview to take approximately 10-15 minutes.
If participating in a SMS Text interview, you will be asked a series of questions to which you will be using your cell phone or computer to answer the questions provided. Expect this type of interview to last anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Your recorded interview(s) via text and/or pre-recorded voice will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews.
Alert: Humana values personal identity protection. Please be aware that applicants selected for leader review may be asked to provide a social security number, if it is not already on file. When required, an email will be sent from Humana@myworkday.com with instructions to add the information into the application at Humana’s secure website.
Your application has been successfully submitted.