UM Administration Coordinator 2
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The UM Administration Coordinator 2 contributes to administration of utilization management. The UM Administration Coordinator 2 performs varied activities and moderately complex administrative/operational/customer support assignments. Performs computations. Typically works on semi-routine assignments.
How we Value You
Benefits starting day 1 of employment
Competitive 401k match
Generous Paid Time Off accrual
Go365 perks for well-being
Achieve your best at Humana. Join Us!
The UM Administration Coordinator 2 provides non-clinical support for the policies and procedures ensuring best and most appropriate treatment, care or services for members. Decisions are typically focus on interpretation of area/department policy and methods for completing assignments. Works within defined parameters to identify work expectations and quality standards, but has some latitude over prioritization/timing, and works under minimal direction. Follows standard policies/practices that allow for some opportunity for interpretation/deviation and/or independent discretion.
- Attaching faxes for chart reviews for the nursing team
- Answering departmental phones as assigned
- Make outbound calls to engage members and/or providers to verify clinical information/discharge date and admission status
- Document calls and attach clinical information received
- Request clinical information from providers/facilities
- Create and send out written correspondence
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Collaborate with multiple roles/departments/providers/team members
- 2 or more years of administrative support and/or healthcare experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel with the ability to type and enter data accurately, as well as the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Must have the ability to provide a high speed DSL or cable modem for a home office (Satellite and Wireless Internet service is NOT allowed for this role). A minimum standard speed for optimal performance of 10×1 (10mbs download x 1mbs upload) is required
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Proficient utilizing electronic medical record and documentation programs
- Proficient and/or experience with medical terminology and/or ICD-10 codes
- Experience with Utilization Review and/or Prior Authorization, preferably within a managed care organization
- Hours for this role are: Monday-Friday 7am-3:30pm or 8am-4:30pm CST
As part of our hiring process for this opportunity, we may contact you via text message and email to gather more information using a software platform called Modern Hire. Modern Hire Text, Scheduling and Video technologies allow you to interact with us at the time and location most convenient for you.
If you are selected to move forward from your application prescreen, you may receive correspondence inviting you to participate in a pre-recorded Voice, Text Messaging and/or Video interview. Your recorded interview will be reviewed and you will subsequently be informed if you will be moving forward to next round of interviews
In order to support the CDC recommendations on social distancing and reduce health risks for associates, members and public health, Humana is deploying virtual and video technologies for all hiring activities. This position may be subject to temporary work at home requirements for an indefinite period of time.
These requirements include:
- Access to a personal computing device with a camera, a minimum internet connection speed of 10m x 1m
- Dedicated secure home workspace for interview or work purposes.
- Humana continues to monitor the situation, and will adjust service levels as the corona virus situation evolves. The following changes are temporary and will be evaluated frequently with the goal of returning to normal operations as soon as possible. Your Talent Acquisition representative will advise on the latest recommendations to protect your health and well-being during the hiring process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.