Housing Case Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Housing Case Manager provides program participants with assistance in acquiring and maintaining stable housing and avoid homelessness. Also provides case management to assist participants to obtain mainstream benefits, increased income or employment, education, and adequate and appropriate physical and behavioral health care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides information and referral to callers or walk-ins seeking housing assistance, as assigned
- Assesses participants’ eligibility and program appropriateness; obtains required documentation for program eligibility.
- Assists participants to secure appropriate housing based upon household size, composition, geographic preference and other participant determinants.
- Assists with the rental application process; helps participants make informed decisions.
- Seeks to assist participants to maintain long-term housing.
- Completes accurate and timely Housing Quality Standards inspections.
- Assists participants to understand the landlord/tenant relationship and become good leaseholders.
- Assists participants to understand their fair housing rights.
- Maintains current information about consumers’ benefits (basic income and medical information) to insure that the subsidy amount is accurate with regard to income.
- Assists participants to seek and secure mainstream benefits for which they are eligible.
- Assists participants to meet physical health, behavioral health and life skills needs through referral to in-house services.
- Assists participants to seek employment, disability benefits, and/or education as necessary.
- Secures W-9s, lease agreements and utility bills for all leased units.
- Prepares and submits check requests for rent/utility assistance in a timely manner.
- Provides outreach to landlords and participants to market the Permanent Supportive Housing program.
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with property managers.
- Assumes responsibility for data management and reporting; enters complete and accurate data into HMIS and other appropriate databases in a timely manner.
- Maintains complete and accurate participant charts with current case notes and financial documentation.
- Exhibits and maintains up-to-date knowledge about community resources: makes referrals to the appropriate community resources.
- Uses objectivity and self-discipline to avoid emotional involvement in situations that may be highly charged.
- Provides services through face-to-face and phone consultations; conducts home visits at least once a month.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of CoC Housing Services.
Education, Experience, Licensure/Certification and Skills/Abilities Related Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social services required; Master’s Degree preferred.
- 2 years of recent housing experience with local, state and/or federal programs
- 2 years experience working with persons with mental health and/or drug abuse challenges preferred.
- Preferred: Bilingual (English/Spanish).
Continuing Education and Training Requirements:
Participates in trainings required by the funding source.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
No matter what path you are on, we're here to support you on your #healthcare journey.