Community Network Patient Liaison- Community Benefits
At Houston Methodist, the Community Network Patient Liaison position is responsible for identifying indigent patients eligible for the Houston Methodist Network of Care Program and facilitating medical home access. This position is responsible for screening patients for eligibility, rounding on patients while inpatient, determining the appropriate medical home for the patients and addressing the social determinant(s) of health that may serve as barriers to health care access, if applicable.
PEOPLE - 40%
1. Identifies indigent patients in need of medical home and provides referral support services to those eligible for Houston Methodist Network of Care Program. (EF)
2. Oversees and coordinates the entire patient experience at hospital from inpatient stay to point of exit. (EF)
SERVICE - 40%
1. Communicates Network of Care and Faith Health Initiative resources to eligible patients while complying with Houston Methodist patient experience service standards. (EF)
2. Coordinates inpatient activities for indigent patients to establish with medical homes including, but not limited to, giving appropriate and timely follow up, coordinating with Network of Care Program scheduler, securing medical records as needed, assisting with scheduling clinical appointments, program orientation and assisting with medical home selection and education. (EF)
3. Serves as a collaborator between Community Benefits, Spiritual Care and Case Management at designated hospital to provide appropriate care resources to eligible patients. (EF)
4. Coordinates meetings and communicates with manager as appropriate. (EF)
5. Explains policies, procedures or services to patients using medical or administrative knowledge when appropriate and delivers culturally competent care and appropriate services to all managed patients. (EF)
6. Coordinates care for patients until arrival of the initial primary care appointment at medical home including, but not limited to, appointment reminders, transportation arrangement, presciption assistance and financial assistance. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 10%
1. Provides appropriate and accurate documentation/tracking system for each patient. (EF)
2. Maintains knowledge of community services and resources available to patients. (EF)
FINANCE - 5%
1. Documents all pertinent patient information for tracking/reporting purposes in Epic Network of Care platform. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 5%
1. Promotes the importance of medical homes with Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) partners. (EF)
2. Leads special projects and committees as assigned. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, health care or related field
Three years of experience in a health care setting, preferably in a hospital environment
Work Attire Yes/No
Business professional Yes
Other (dept approved) No
On-Call* No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within No
Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside No
of Houston Metropolitan area
Your application has been successfully submitted.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRACTICING MEDICINE AND LEADING IT.