Front Office Specialist I - TCP Medical Plaza
We are searching for a Front Office Specialist who can thrive in a fast-paced primary care environment. In this position you’ll coordinate and perform the scheduling of patients, receive and greet visitors, answer and handle incoming calls, coordinate the referral process, enter accurate billing information into system, and transmit accurate claims.
Does this sound like the job for you?
- Demonstrates Creating SMILES philosophies to patients, families and co-workers
- Greets patients and visitors upon arrival utilizing Service with HEART philosophies
- Assists patients with check in/check out
- Answers telephone within six rings and directs calls
- Assesses patient’s eligibility for referral by verifying coverage with payer prior to initiating referral
- Documents eligibility in patient medical record
- Notifies provider when no provider in network is available
- Reviews billing information
- Enters hospital charges into EPIC with 100% accuracy and within timelines established by practice
- Balances payments received daily
- Verifies accurate patient demographics information with each visit and enters into medical record and billing system
- Verifies and collects correct co-payment with 100% accuracy
- Collects payments due in the form of cash, checks and credit cards
- Schedules appointments and accommodates walk-ins
- Collects and disseminates mail and deliveries
- Files, archives and retrieves medical records
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information by following policy and procedure and practice protocol
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year related experience
- Knowledge of general office tasks, confidentiality, filing, medical terminology, CPT coding, and managed care referral process
- Knowledge of related OSHA and JCAHO guidelines and requirements
- Ability to provide excellent customer service and act in a professional manner
- Ability to type, file, and to use a multi-line telephone, computer, fax, copier and adding machine
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to create a healthier future for children and women throughout our global community by leading in patient care, education and research.