Family Services Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are searching for a Family Services Specialist — someone who works well in a fast-paced setting. In this position, you will ensure compliance with hospital policies, HIPPA regulations, and facilitate hospital response to requests for patient coordination. You will oversee compliance with requested items, which may include bed placement, EMTALA, and state transfer regulations. Lastly, you will prepare reports for executive groups and make recommendations on process improvements.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Work with clinical teams and patient services staff to ensure coordination of patient care
- Establish relationships with families to provide on-going support and assistance in the navigation of the health care continuum.
- Communicate at a high level to achieve positive patient outcomes. This includes conversing with families to gather the details of their care needs, obtain information regarding their preferences, and identify barriers to their plan of care.
- Facilitate hospital processes and policies as families visit our organization.
- Problem-solve with Clinical Leaders to resolve barriers to care and address family concerns.
Being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required for all employees at Texas Children’s, unless approved for a medical or religious exemption.
· High school diploma or GED
· Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field preferred
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in face-to-face customer service healthcare, family services, children's services, education, hospitality, or entertainment industries
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to create a healthier future for children and women throughout our global community by leading in patient care, education and research.