Patient Services Coordinator - Perioperative Materials Management - 9:00am- 5:30pm
- Perioperative Materials Mgt
- Houston, TX
- Posted Date:
Perioperative Services strives to be the safest perioperative environment in the world, to have the highest quality of perioperative outcomes, and to demonstrate the core values in our vision. Partnered with Anesthesiology and Critical Care, the Division of Nursing and the Division of Surgery, this multidisciplinary team performs more than 15,000 surgical cases each year in more than 30 operating rooms spanning the Main Building and Mays Clinic.
The ideal candidate will have at least three years of Clerical and/or Materials Management experience.
Shift: 9am - 5:30pm
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Greets and provides information and direction to visitors and internal customers visiting the Perioperative Materials and/or Sterile Processing Area.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for receiving inventory and equipment orders in the Perioperative Materials area and/or instrument trays for Sterile Processing.
- Responsible for tracking loaned equipment, supplies or instrumentation to the ASC, other departments and hospitals.
- Assists procurement coordinators with monitoring status of pending orders to the point of fulfillment, receipt and delivery
- Assists with annual supply inventory preparation and physical count
- Assists with product returns.
- Assists with logging instrument trays received from internal customers for processing and track status to the point of return to internal customers.
- Monitors and tracks deliveries.
- Processes and documents defective products.
Processes Defective Equipment & Supplies and Provides Needed Support
- Keys the supply information from the Defective Product Report into Defective Product Database
- Saves defective supplies for weekly Patient Safety Net meeting
- Contacts the product manufacturer to pick-up or mail the device for review
- Obtains credit for the product
- Maintains a highly professional and positive attitude and excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications
- Participates in staff meetings and in-services
- Provides additional coverage for other shifts as required
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Required: Three years related work experience.
It is the policy of The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. http://www.mdanderson.org/about-us/legal-and-policy/legal-statements/eeo-affirmative-action.html
- Requisition ID: 143732
- Employment Status: Full-Time
- Employee Status: Regular
- FLSA: non-exempt, eligible for overtime, and is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Work Week: Day/Evening
- Fund Type: Hard
- Pivotal Position: No
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 29,600
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 38,000
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 46,400
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The official account of MD Anderson Cancer Center, a leader in cancer care, cancer research and the fight to #EndCancer.