Program Coordinator in Academic Advising and Student Affairs
UTHealth is looking for a Program Coordinator who will work in academic advising and special programs for student affairs. This employee provides overall design, execution, management, and effectiveness of public education and/or outreach programs in order to ensure the achievement of its assigned goals and objectives. You will manage, coordinate and oversee special programs, update and manage website and newsletters, research and implement best practices for academic advising. The program coordinator will need to be detail-oriented and work well under pressure. Previous experience in an academic setting is also helpful.
This is a fulltime position that is classified as salaried but non-exempt. You will work Monday through Friday normal business hours. The office is located in the heart of the Texas Medical Center, and will require the employee to be on-site most days. You will be eligible for all UTHealth benefits including healthcare coverage and participation in a pension plan run by the State of Texas.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Coordinates, develops, implements, and evaluates the delivery system for education and outreach programs in targeted communities.
- Participates in all phases of projects and in research related activities, including assessing regional needs for program education, developing regional outreach plans based on needs assessment findings.
- Researches and analyzes data pertaining to education, and attends functions to keep abreast of relevant scientific and technical developments related to programs.
- Communicates with community and a variety of health care professionals to share objectives, outcomes by writing articles for newsletters, web pages, and other publications. Acts as a liaison with appropriate institutional agents; prepares/makes oral presentations at professional meetings.
- Uses program databases to collect program evaluation data; writes program reports and case studies to document outreach efforts; submits abstracts to professional meetings.
- Maintains current scientific, technical and regulatory environment information concerning relevant developments related to program area.
- Interact extensively with the public and/or external organizations to facilitate programs. Participates in national and regional task forces and work groups to provide capacity building assistance and information to partners; applies health education theories, models, and concepts to partner activities.
- Ensures that plans and protocols are followed to ensure compliance with all federal, state laws and UTHSC-H policies, rules and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of MS Office, SPSS or statistics software applications.
Bilingual in Spanish may be preferred.
Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience in lieu of education.
Three years of related experience.
May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston’s health university since 1972.