Administrative Coordinator- SON-Office Of Student Affairs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Provides general business and financial operations support to a department or group of professionals under general supervision. Makes moderately complex business process decisions requiring a comprehensive knowledge of a wide range of regulations, policies, procedures and business practices. Specific departments may provide additional guidance with a departmental position description.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Coordinates the day to day business and financial processes. May trend past performance and forecast future financials.
- Coordinates and monitors travel, purchasing, payroll, timekeeping, contracts and grants.
- Regularly handles confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Coordinates and schedules Human Resources activities including recruiting and selection for classified staff.
- Monitors open encumbrances. Monitors expenditures and provides reports on the budget status. Provides a comparison between actual and budget.
- Responsible for acquisition of documents needed to monitor adherence to grant or program requirements.
- Maintain departmental equipment and space inventories.
- May train entry level support staff. May lead support staff.
- May serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside assigned areas regarding business and financial issues on purchasing, personnel, facilities and operations.
- Assigned routine budget and financial responsibilities by supervisor. Maintains and reconciles financial records/reports. FMS training with a passing score is required. Limited signature authority.
- Advises on financial and business practices, policy and procedures as assigned by supervisor. Is responsible for making routine business and financial decisions and judgment calls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Working knowledge of standard Office Software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook is required. Working knowledge of University financial systems is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree level of higher education in business related field required. Equivalent level of education and/or experience may substitute for education requirement.
One (1) year related work experience required. Prior experience in finance, accounting, business administration or business management required.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston’s health university since 1972.