Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment- SON-Office Of Student Affairs
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment provides leadership in the development and implementation of admissions, recruiting, and marketing strategies to attract and enroll a talented and diverse student population. The Assistant Director of Admissions and Recruitment is responsible for developing, organizing, promoting, and coordinating student recruitment and follow-up from inquiry stage to enrollment.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Recruitment of qualified prospective students for the school. Plans recruiting events, assigns recruiting events to staff and students, prepares recruitment and enrollment reports, and evaluates the effectiveness of recruiting efforts.
2. Determine target markets, develop strategies to reach those markets, initiate and calendar recruitment activities for each strategy, and develop and maintain data on success of these activities.
3. Coordinate with the appropriate faculty, staff, and administration to conduct on-campus recruiting activities.
4. Prepare recruitment budget and operate within the budget guidelines.
5. Prepare and submit the semi-annual and annual recruitment and enrollment reports. Maintains current knowledge of industry trends and university admissions and recruiting practices.
6. Answers questions and provides information to prospective students, parents, and others concerning admissions and residency requirements, degree programs, housing, financial aid, campus activities, and related matters.
7. Assists prospective students in completing admissions processes; utilizes Internet facilities to communicate with prospective students and to disseminate pertinent University admissions information.
8. Process statistical information, forecast, and analyze reports of historical data, and current and potential enrollment opportunities.
9. Supervises the maintenance of records and files; ensures adherence to confidentiality, and records management policies and procedures; coordinates with Student Affairs Office, Financial Aid, Registrar, and other departments on matters related to attracting and retaining students.
10. Serves on various committees including the Baccalaureate, Masters, and Doctoral Councils.
11. Administer admission guidelines as set forth in the general catalog.
12. May manage Human Resources activities of department in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and termination, training, professional development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, database management, student information systems
Customer service orientation and ability to work harmoniously with administration, faculty, applicants, and the public in general
Must have a high degree of self-motivation, enthusiasm for collaboration, and professionalism
Must be able to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple assignments
Must have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally (oral and written)
Ability to grow and foster collaborations with hospital and community organizations to promote recruitment and enrollment
Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Three (3) years of experience in management, recruitment, admissions, or related field is required.
Five (5) years of experience in management, recruitment, admissions, or related field is preferred.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Houston’s health university since 1972.