- development, in-services and health screening instruction. (EF)
SERVICE - 25%
- Prepares information for and leads discussions on various nutrition, health and wellness topics in a variety of settings: group, classroom, one-on-one and telehealth. (EF)
- Actively participates in the continuum of care by accepting and managing physician referrals for nutrition services, as appropriate, to enhance patient experience. (EF)
- Develops and implements nutrition-related communications and marketing materials designed to maximize program engagement and promote healthy lifestyles. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
- Accurately documents individual outcomes, program data, goals, achievements and results. (EF)
- Assesses effectiveness of nutrition education programs using evidence-based practices to educate customers, patients and colleagues. (EF)
- Provides feedback on wellness programs with management to evaluate programs and services based on participation, outcomes and efficiency.
FINANCE - 10%
- Uses resources efficiently to maximize utilization of time and equipment. Meets labor productivity standards by effectively managing established client load assignments and prioritizing tasks. (EF)
- Prepares timely reports on participation, program/health outcomes, cost/benefit and return on investment. Maintains all databases and provides professional reports to management as requested. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
- Identifies opportunities and takes initiative to build strategic relationships between teams, departments, corporations, units or organization to help achieve business goals. (EF)
- Participates in departmental projects and committees as appropriate; actively involved in development of new nutritional programs, activities and education for both employee and corporate events. (EF)
- Responsible for maintaining professional expertise and staying current with emerging nutrition and dietetic trends. Provides recommendations for optimizing participation with current programs.
- Identifies own learning needs, consults with the Wellness team and seeks continuing education opportunities to meet those needs.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Graduate of education program approved by the credentialing body for the required credential(s) indicated below in the Certifications, Licenses and Registrations section.
- 1,200 supervised practice hours (per Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) requirements)
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
- Registered Dietitian (RD) credential awarded by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR), the credentialing agency for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
- License from the Dietitians program of the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to, Microsoft Office software including PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Webmail
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and function calmly in stressful situations, including handling of, or exposure to confidential/sensitive information
- Demonstrates the ability to access information both in the department and within the hospital system to support the department as appropriate
Work AttireYes/NoUniformNoScrubsNoBusiness professionalYesOther (dept approved)Yes
On-Call*Yes, on a limited basis (for Exempt jobs only)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (ie. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel withinYesHouston Metropolitan area
May require travel outsideYesof Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Please note any other special considerations to this job: __________________________
Your application has been successfully submitted.
THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PRACTICING MEDICINE AND LEADING IT.