Health Coach Dietician
This job is no longer accepting applications.
This role will be a full-time telework role until May 2022, then will require up to 25% travel to CVS Health Hubs, as needed.
Schedule is Monday-Friday, standard business hours, but may require flexibility to work outside of core hours, including weekends, as needed.
Candidates must be located in or within a 30-mile radius of Western Houston, Katy, Cypress, Spring, or Sugarland, TX.
Be a part of shaping the health of Caremark members with diabetes as part of the exciting, new Nutrition coaching team within the Transform Diabetes Care Program. Within this role, you will be responsible for using a collaborative process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation to engage, educate, coach/promote members in decisions related to achieving and maintaining optimal nutrition status and management of their diabetes and/or other conditions (e.g. CKD, CVD). You will motivate and engage members face-to-face, telephonically, and via live messaging over the course of multiple coaching sessions and provide them with personalized coaching and education to help them meet their goals and encourage positive behavior change.
Responsibilities % Time
1. Assessment of members through the use of clinical tools and information/data review, uses knowledge and experience of nutrition and diet planning to conduct comprehensive evaluation of member’s nutritional status and risks. Utilizes assessment techniques to determine member’s level of health literacy, technology capabilities/access and readiness to change 50%
2. Leverages health/nutritional assessment data to establish a recommended nutritional approach based on member’s health status/risks, education, preferences, and support needs 15%
3. Identifies and escalates quality of care issues through established channels 10%
4. Interprets and utilizes clinical guidelines/criteria to positively impact member’s health 15%
5. Provides up-to-date information to help facilitate the member’s understanding of their health status 10%
• Registered Dietician through the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
• Upon hire, it will be required to obtain licensure in all states which require licensure, with CVS supporting the cost of required licensure
• 3+ years of experience as a Registered Dietician
• Experience with MS Office Suites (Outlook, Excel)
• Experience in related areas such as weight management, nutrition or healthy lifestyle behavior change
• Experience collaborating and coordinating care with providers and other clinicians
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Multiple state licensure
• Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES)
• Experience in diabetes management
• Managed care/MCO experience
• Experience using EPIC
• Bachelor’s in Nutrition, Dietetics, or related field from an accredited college or university required
• Master’s in Nutrition, Dietetics, or related field preferred
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
CVS Health is the leading health solutions company that delivers care in ways no one else can. We help people navigate the health care system — and th...