Manager, Patient Business Services I (Internal Medicine)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Responsible for managing day-to-day operations including pre-registrations/verifications, registrations, reservations, financial counseling, and/or collection of third party and private receivables.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Develops a working knowledge of the patient population and physician relationships; builds business plans that meet the needs of our customers. Ensures operations are in line with the strategic business objectives of the facility.
- Evaluates the performance level of the unit and individuals. Defines performance expectations, measurement tools and policy and processes. Supports the instruction of educational programs that promote staff competency.
- Evaluates and provides recommendations for the staffing levels required to perform the functions of the unit. Allocates work assignments in a manner that improves customer service levels, increases productivity and net revenue in the facility.
- May monitor quality improvement efforts and makes recommendations for change as necessary.
- Works with peers to improve workflow and departmental processes.
- Assists with the planning, development, and direction of capital expenditures, business objectives, departmental goals, and special projects.
- Manages expenses as defined by the department budget and monitors cost reports, making adjustments as necessary to reconcile variances.
- Leads in the preparation of departmental compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures.
- May manage Human Resources activities for direct repots in regards to: recruiting and selection; hiring and termination, training, development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of business office, patient billing, or collection/ reimbursement procedures in a healthcare setting; proficient in MS Office with emphasis in Excel, 10-key and math.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics, or equivalent experience.
Three years hospital/ healthcare business office or financial management experience. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Health Care Starts With You