Consumer Health Services Assistant Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Galveston County Health District is seeking a Consumer Health Services Assistant Manager!
This position is responsible for maintaining schedules, organizing work, coordinating activities of sanitarians and health inspectors, and maintaining data bases and paper files for the division.
We can offer you:
• Excellent benefits; including an Amazing Retirement Package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, Free Life Insurance, FREE Long Term Disability, FREE parking and much, much more!
• Team-oriented environment
• Salary Rate: Competitive salary based on experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long-term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· 5+ years’ experience as a Sanitarian preferred
· 1+ year management experience
· Registration as a Professional Sanitarian in the State of Texas
· Certification as a Septic System Designated Representative through the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality within 1 year of employment
· Ability for spur of the moment transportation without relying on organization vehicles
· Must possess or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Texas for the type of vehicle or equipment operated
· Department of Motor Vehicle check may be required, if applicable
· Customer Service Oriented
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with Incident Command System training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Assists in the development of division standard operating procedures (SOPs) and monitors compliance with established SOPs and Health District policies and procedures
· Oversees division case development and enforcement to determine proper procedures for referral, resolution or processing cases as appropriate
· Follows and implements all fiscal policies and procedures according to guidelines including cash handling, permits and travel
· Performs food service plan reviews and may assist with opening inspections
· Assists Consumer Health Sanitarians during cluster or outbreak investigations
· Drafts consumer health reports for dissemination to the District’s city partners
· Serves as liaison with federal, state and other local governmental entities through consultations, information exchanges, contracts, policies and complaint referrals
· Conducts various inspections in all program areas during staff shortages
· Writes accurate technical reports and disseminates consumer health data as it pertains to various situations
· May provide testimony at court hearings when requested
· Reviews all consumer health inspection and investigation reports in accordance with established quality assurance protocols for completeness and accuracy
· Serves as an assigned point of contact to assure a standard response to non-routine inspection findings to the public and elected officials
· Performs quality assurance activities of field sanitarians by reviewing their work and assessing their inspection skills
· Preparing and reviewing a variety of management reports to assess quality and quantity of staff inspections
· Remediation of public concerns and inquiries regarding the work of staff sanitarians
· Maintains necessary training level established for an Assistant Manager and documents training events
· Provides management support to the Consumer Health Services Manager and assumes responsibilities in absence of Consumer Health Services Manager
· Assigning and tracking staff to meet workloads of routine inspections and complaint investigations
· Allocates necessary personnel to meet the business needs of the division
· Provides technical assistance to staff, regulated entities, other governmental agencies, and the general public
· Supervises staff in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
· Interviewing, recommendations for hiring and training employees
· Approves local travel requests, time sheets, leave requests and other personnel forms, as necessary
· Planning, assigning, and directing work
· Coordinating schedules for staff
· Appraising performance and disciplining employees
· Addressing complaints and promptly and efficiently resolving problems and concerns
· Coordinates and assists in the cross-training of other employees and assures staff model of excellent customer service
· Provides strategic leadership of the department, including but not limited to developing and implementing initiatives to recruit and retain staff
· Maintains necessary trainings and documents training events
To apply please visit www.gchd.org/jobs and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.