Clinical Administration Coordinator – Work From Home
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Positions in this function includes those responsible for initial triage of members, administrative intake of members or managing the admission / discharge information post – notification, working with hospitals and the clinical team, including managing incoming calls, managing requests for services from providers / members, providing information on available network services and transferring members as appropriate to clinical staff. Manage the referrals process, process incoming and outgoing referrals, as well as prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles.
Regardless of your role at UnitedHealthcare, the support you feel all around you will enable you to do what you do with energy, integrity, and confidence. So take the first step in what is sure to be a fast paced and highly diversified career.
We offer 8 weeks of paid training. The hours during training will be 8:00am to 5pm Monday-Friday. Training will be conducted virtually from your home. Our office address is 14141 SW Freeway, Sugar Land, TX.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of clerical / administrative experience
- 1+ years of experience navigating PCs and applications
- 1+ years of medical background in a hospital, physician’s office or medical clinic
- Medicare and / or Medicaid experience
- Bilingual in English & Spanish
- Healthcare or Insurance Benefits experience
- Reside within Sugar Land, TX
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Excellent interpersonal skills – oral and written communication skills
- Ability to multi – task, this includes the ability to understand multiple products and multiple levels of benefits within each product
- Ability to work in an ambiguous environment and collaborate across multiple areas in order to achieve a common business objective
- Ability to prioritize and balance multiple demands and competing deadlines
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military Opens in a new window
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet Opens in a new window
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High – risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes – based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Sugar Land, TX, UHG, Clinical, Administrative, Healthcare, Coordinator, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute,
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Here to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone.