This job is no longer accepting applications.
As a Database Specialist within the Refugee Resettlement Program you will work under the supervision of senior program director to serve as the primary liaison between Catholic Charities staff and South Texas Office of Refugees (STOR) technical staff on all matters related to the use of the ClientTrack system and required reports.
You will maintain the database by planning, monitoring, and improving performance and is current on regulations/policies/practices by STOR and ORR. You will ensure all programmatic data entry, quality and integrity is conducted within funder expectations.
The successful candidate will be compassionate and have strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree, in lieu of a bachelor’s degree, an Associate’s Degree or a certificate in a computer-related subject and relevant experience of 2 years.
The Skills and Assets You Bring, and More
- You have demonstrated knowledge of data analysis and data coordination from multiple sources.
- You stay focused on different tasks, and use time, energy, mental capacity, physical space effectively and efficiently to achieve the desired outcome.
- You are thorough and accurate when accomplishing tasks and provide accurate, consistent paperwork and information promptly.
- You have clear and strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- You have the ability to effectively respond to inquiries about data and the ability to explain the interpretation or process in lay terms.
- You have the ability to independently plan, organize, and coordinate work to meet deadlines and accommodate changing priorities.
- You have the ability to maintain confidentiality of information and exercise sound judgment and discretion
- You are a fast learner and be open to constructive feedback on work assignments.
- You have intermediate, experience with Microsoft Office Products required as well as the ability to learn and effectively use new software.
The Value You Deliver
You join Catholic Charities and help people in southeast Texas by providing caring, compassionate services and advocating for social justice in collaboration with parishes and communities.
What you Deliver
- You develop and maintain an annual reporting calendar containing all required report types/dates.
- You assist STOR with planning around reporting/review events.
- You assist with training new Catholic Charities, Refugee Resettlement Program end users, educating existing end users, and troubleshooting end user issues or questions.
- You conduct ongoing internal Catholic Charities Refugee Resettlement Program data quality checks, and work proactively with STOR staff to correct any errors before data is analyzed by STOR. Once data is analyzed and findings provided by STOR, you lead Refugee Resettlement Program staff in understanding/fixing any data errors that remain.
- You asses the needs of provider end users and program requirements and effectively communicate with Refugee Resettlement Program and STOR coworkers.
- You evaluate and monitor quality of data entry from end users to ensure data integrity for program and federal requirements.
- You incorporate data from other sources to verify, validate, and improve data integrity.
- You provide information to staff about staff trainings and maintain attendance records.
- You perform other duties as assigned such as assisting with in-house training, engages in coalition activities, participates in staff and agency retreats.
How Your Work Impacts our Organization
The work you do will help us advocate for the vulnerable among us, a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
People of Faith. Helping People in Need. 💙 Serving ALL people in need throughout the Greater Houston region. Need help? ☎️ Call 713.526.4611