Office Services Clerk
As the Office Services Clerk, you will be responsible for the centralization of copying, office supplies, mailroom duties, reception relief, preparing reports, maintaining copier fleet, calling for service as needed. Assist with scanning and processing agency invoices. Assist with acquiring vendor quotes on an as needed bases. Provides administrative assistance for Office Services Coordinator and Support Services Director as needed. Aids as the team lead in the absence of the Office Services Coordinator.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational, prioritizing and communication skills and will handle the following essential job duties, meet the minimum education, skills and experience requirements.
The Expertise We’re Looking For
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent work experience.
The Skills and Assets You Bring, and More
- You are bilingual in English and Spanish, this is required.
- You have two years experience on computerized telephone system, this is required.
- You demonstrated success in dealing with diverse people effectively.
- You demonstrated ability to maintain a polite, respectable demeanor at all times and in stressful situations.
- You have ability to handle confidential information.
- You have professional appearance.
- You have ability to coordinate a variety of activities and multi-task.
- You have ability to operate computerized telephone system, computer, multifunctional printers, fax machines, copiers, and credit card terminal.
The Value You Deliver
You join Catholic Charities and help people in southeast Texas by providing caring, compassionate services and advocating for social justice in collaboration with parishes and communities.
What you Deliver
- You will complete copy requests from users, maintaining copiers and postage machines.
- You will maintain office and copier supply inventory and placing orders as needed.
- You will stamp and deliver mail to the post office and maintain a file for agency forms.
- You will deliver bank deposits on a daily basis.
- You will provide back-up for receptionist/cashier (breaks, vacation, illness).
- You will provide for courier deliveries as needed.
- You will provide back-up assistance for room set ups as needed.
- You will assist with scanning and processing agency invoices and client files.
- You will assist with acquiring vendor quotes on an as needed basis.
- You will prepare and distribute monthly billings for postage used, copies made, and supplies taken from inventory.
- You will maintain all workrooms in locations-check weekly.
- You will maintain a front desk information book (Update and Changes).
- You will update meeting room database with any changes as requested by staff.
- You will assist with sorting, valuing and packaging donations for distribution according to target goals for La Tiendieta and/or the Distribution Center.
- You will supervise volunteer groups and assist program staff in the selection of product as needed.
- You will assist with projects/events, etc.
- You will assist with other duties as assigned by Purchasing and Support Services Director or Team Coordinators.
How Your Work Impacts our Organization
The work you do will help us advocate for the vulnerable among us, a network of support services to people of all ages and from all walks of life and religious backgrounds.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
People of Faith. Helping People in Need. 💙 Serving ALL people in need throughout the Greater Houston region. Need help? ☎️ Call 713.526.4611