Manager, Patient Business Services I - UT Physicians Multispecialty Clinic (Cinco Ranch)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
UTHealth – UT Physicians Multispecialty Clinic (Cinco Ranch) is hiring a Manager, Patient Business Services to join their team of professional in Katy, Texas. The Manager, Patient Business Services is one of three leadership positions that supervises the daily operations of two community-based clinics; Cinco Ranch Multispecialty and Cinco Ranch Pediatrics. The Manager is responsible for providing back-up for front desk personnel and directly supervises seven (7) staff members.
To be successful in this role, the Manager, Patient Business Services should understand the working operations of a fast-paced multispecialty medical clinic. Position requires someone who is patient oriented; Able to assist with complaints, investigates billing disputes, and works front desk as needed.
Ideal candidate should have worked in EPIC; have experience with scheduling, insurance verification, check-in/out, taking payments, referrals, and billing. Have experience with supervising staff and performance review knowledge. Must have the ability to work with a large number of providers, clinical staff, and direct reports. Candidate will need to work well independently and with others. Must follow through on commitments made, produces quality work, and expects the same from those around him/her.
Hours: M/T/W/TH/F = 8a-5p, T/TH extended hours rotation = 9:30a-6:30p, Saturday extended hours rotation = 8a-12p (to train front desk staff)
Location: Cinco Ranch Health Center @ 23923 Cinco Ranch Blvd
Responsible for managing day-to-day operations including pre-registrations/verifications, registrations, reservations, financial counseling, and/or collection of third party and private receivables.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Develops a working knowledge of the patient population and physician relationships; builds business plans that meet the needs of our customers. Ensures operations are in line with the strategic business objectives of the facility.
- Evaluates the performance level of the unit and individuals. Defines performance expectations, measurement tools and policy and processes. Supports the instruction of educational programs that promote staff competency.
- Evaluates and provides recommendations for the staffing levels required to perform the functions of the unit. Allocates work assignments in a manner that improves customer service levels, increases productivity and net revenue in the facility.
- May monitor quality improvement efforts and makes recommendations for change as necessary.
- Works with peers to improve workflow and departmental processes.
- Assists with the planning, development, and direction of capital expenditures, business objectives, departmental goals, and special projects.
- Manages expenses as defined by the department budget and monitors cost reports, making adjustments as necessary to reconcile variances.
- Leads in the preparation of departmental compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures.
- May manage Human Resources activities for direct repots in regards to: recruiting and selection; hiring and termination, training, development, mentoring, counseling, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of business office, patient billing, or collection/ reimbursement procedures in a healthcare setting; proficient in MS Office with emphasis in Excel, 10-key and math.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics, or equivalent experience.
Three years hospital/ healthcare business office or financial management experience. May substitute required experience with equivalent years of education beyond the minimum education requirement.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Health Care Starts With You