CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE I
This job is no longer accepting applications.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves standard customer concerns and inquiries via various forms of communication i.e. phone, email, site visits, etc.
- Provides information on City programs, rates and/or process changes, and guidelines.
- Educates the public on various initiatives and/or programs.
- Provides general information to customers on account balances, services, delinquent accounts and adjustments. May work with other departments and agencies to resolve billing inquiries.
- May verify new customer accounts with other companies.
- May collect and balance daily revenue from sale of permits, receipts, or fees.
- Performs data entry activities to record information.
- May distribute forms to customers to complete for City services.
- May refer customers who require additional assistance to the appropriate agencies.
- May create work orders and project numbers.
- May contact other companies to release services on completed projects.
The position is physically comfortable most of the time with occasional periods of stooping, bending and/or lifting of materials up to 50 pounds. General office conditions. May require long periods of standing at counter.
Requires a high school diploma or a GED.
Six months of administrative or customer service related experience is required.
Substitution: An Associate’s degree may be substituted for the experience requirement
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
Spanish speaking/ Bilingual
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
None; however, the department may administer a skills assessment review.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION
SALARY INFORMATION General Funded
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 13
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-4987.
If you need special services or accommodations, 832-393-4987 (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We protect the "H".