Human Resources Business Coordinator
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Manages, coordinates, and directly supports the administrative and business management, and/or staff activities within a Human Resources Department. Ability to perform tasks and responsibilities on own initiative ensuring process and operational continuity of various administrative and business management activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creates and maintains vacant job postings for assigned area; assists hiring managers throughout the recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Identifies qualified candidates for posted vacancies and provides information to hiring managers for review and consideration.
- Manages all onboarding processes including clearance, license/education verification, scheduling and facilitating the HR portion of New Employee Orientation (NEO).
- Partners with Payroll Services to assist departments in verifying and reconciling payroll issues.
- Processes electronic personnel transactions according to institutional policies and procedures.
- Handles routine inquiries regarding policies and procedures of functional areas.
- Provides follow-up on sensitive issues regarding customers and candidates.
- Initiates improvements in work process/environment.
- Prioritizes daily work assignments.
- Contributes ideas and suggestions for improvements to the process.
- Supports and assists in the cross training of team members.
- Identifies and addresses any HR related department training needs for assigned area.
- Coordinates various HR related projects and programs.
- Coordinates with other HR departments.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Basic knowledge of Human Resources and employment law.
- Developing partnerships and general understanding of the customer's business and current issues.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Developing presentation and facilitation skills.
- Competent use of personal computers and general office applications, including Work, Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook electronic mail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
Standard office equipment.
Standard office environment. May be required to work within the confines of a prison, jail or juvenile detention center on occasion in support of HR-related activities. Security clearance is required; pre-employment drug testing is also required.
Some travel required.
Associates degree or equivalent and two (2) years of office related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Three (3) years of direct Human Resources experience.
- Experience using KRONOS, PeopleSoft HCM, Taleo, and other HR related systems.
- Experience coordinating and conducting group presentations.
Salary is commensurate with years of relevant work experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, and any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Official Twitter account for the University of Texas Medical Branch, the first academic health center in Texas