This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are seeking a ELIGIBILITY SPECIALIST to become a part of our team! You will be responsible for processing insurance claims for healthcare facilities.
- Consistently follow up on unpaid claims utilizing monthly aging reports
- Filing appeals when appropriate to obtain maximum reimbursement
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with providers, clients, patients, and staff.
- Data entry of all patient demographic, guarantor and insurance information, posting procedures and insurance/patient payments, balance to daily deposits.
- Accurately Post all insurance payments by line item.
- Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions.
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits.
- Provide additional information as requested by insurance companies
- Demonstrate flexibility, enthusiasm and willingness to cooperate while working with others in inter-professional care teams with activities to include participating in daily huddles
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Medical Billing and Coding certificate or at least two years of medical billing and coding experience.
- Experience in CPT and ICD-10 coding; familiarity with medical terminology
- Good keyboard skills - 35 wpm
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and maintain emotional control under stress
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Great customer service and communication skills
- The position occasionally requires sitting, standing and bending. Occasional very light lifting, up to 20 pounds or an equivalent weight may be required
- Paid Time Off Plan, Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision, Life Insurance, 401k (6% Match), Paid Federal Holidays
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Providing medical care, dental care and prevention services to Persons Living With HIV/AIDS in Houston, Conroe & Stafford Texas