This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Houston Health Department is actively searching for skilled individuals who are self-motivated and willing to provide essential services as a Administrative Coordinator to perform various professional administrative functions in the Contracts and Procurement Section within the Houston Health Department Responsibilities and duties will include the following:
1. Prepares, edits and revises department/division correspondence; prepares, edits and revises procedures manuals.
2. Plans, initiates and implements programs and services to meet the immediate and long-range needs of one or more city departments.
3. Assists the department/division in the effective discharge of responsibilities by furnishing analyses, appraisals, recommendations and information concerning the activities and programs reviewed.
4. Researches, analyzes and reviews new vendors, equipment, services and regulations.
5. Participates in special projects as assigned by the department/division head.
6. May coordinate the planning, research, presentation, promotion and evaluation of special programs such as grants.
7. May supervise, guide, train or evaluate staff.
There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Liberal Arts, or related field.
Five (5) years of administrative experience is required.
Professional administrative experience may be substituted for the above education requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal) and organizational skills with exceptional attention to details and details
- Effective collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations and in diverse settings
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks/projects
- Ability to work independently to complete tasks/projects
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
None. However, the Department may administer a skills assessment test.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION
Yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if candidate is promoted into this position, he/she must pass an assigned drug test.
GRANT FUND POSITION
Grants & Special funded positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available, employee may be laid off or transferred. Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 24
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-4897.
If you need special services or accommodations, 832-393-4897 (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We protect the "H".