Senior Inventory Management Clerk
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Houston Health Department is actively searching for a skilled individual to perform the following essential functions of a Senior Data Entry Operator.
The functions are:
- Duties will be to handle internal and external messenger services for the Houston Health Department.
- Accurately follows assigned routes for scheduled daily mail pickups and deliveries including department Satellite sites, US Post Offices, City Hall/City Hall Annex, Print Shop and other City locations as assigned.
- Handles priority mail, document pickups and deliveries for the department.
- Collects, distributes and safeguards interoffice and US mail/packages such as, vendor checks, and HR payroll checks.
- Handles daily mailroom activities which include: sorting, separating and distributing all mail, operation of postage metering machine, applying appropriate department codes for appropriate postage and department chargebacks.
- Ensures cost center codes are kept current in the postage machine and an electronic postage printout report is provided to Supervisor weekly.
- Maintains a clean and organized postage processing area.
- Oversees the maintenance and troubleshooting of Mailroom equipment, including postage equipment, vehicles, cellphones, and uniforms, etc.
- Keeps daily mileage log of all routes and stops and provides end of month vehicle mileage to supervisor.
- Inspects City vehicle and advises supervisor of necessary maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The position requires lifting of heavy items of up to 60 pounds and/or walking on rough surfaces routinely and/or regular physical exertion such as climbing of ladders.
Requires a high school diploma or GED.
Two (2) years of inventory control, materials management, or record keeping experience are required. May require experience in operating a forklift and other motorized or non-motorized materials handling equipment.
May require a valid Texas driver's license and compliance with the City of Houston's policy on driving.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION Yes
This position is subject to random drug testing and if candidate is promoted into this position, he/she must pass an assigned drug test.
SALARY INFORMATION GENERAL FUNDED POSITION
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade 12
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832.393.4897.
If you need special services or accommodations, call 832.393.4897. (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We protect the "H".