DIVISION MANAGER (EXE LEV) - Chief HIPAA Compliance Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
The Houston Health Department is seeking a self-motivated individual possessing a high degree of accountability and significant organizational and prioritization skills to function as Privacy Compliance Officer, Health Information Manager, Records Liaison, and oversee Revenue Cycle Management activities.
The selected candidate:
- Provides professional analytical, administrative and management services for a cross-functional team.
- Serves as HHD’s Privacy Compliance Officer by developing, coordinating, and presenting HIPAA and Texas privacy training programs for clerical, clinical and other staff.
- Prepares, edits and revises department policy and procedures by keeping current on state and federal patient privacy regulations.
- Responds to correspondence, requests for medical information, including subpoenas.
- Investigates and reports privacy breach incidents and makes recommendations for addressing issues according to city, state, and federal regulations.
- Manages Health Information Management Services for City of Houston health centers and programs maintains Protected Health Information in electronic and paper mediums.
- Serves as a member of HHD’s Quality Council, EPIC Healthtrak and IT Governance committees.
- Serve as ARA Records Management Liaison to process requests for HHD employee’s access to the Records Management system, which is required to process documents for retention and destruction of HHD official City records.
- Provides oversight and management to the revenue cycle team.
The position is physically comfortable, the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Engineering or a closely related field.
Seven (7) years of progressive professional experience closely related to the activities of the division are required, with at least three (3) of the years in a supervisory capacity.
A Master's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field closely related to the activities of the division may be substituted for two (2) years of experience.
Directly related professional experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
At least five years of professional experience related to HIPAA, state regulations and Health Information Management.
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), AHIMA
Certification in Healthcare Privacy and Security (CHPS), AHIMA
Certified in Ambulatory Medical Coding
SELECTION / SKILS TESTS REQUIRED
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION YES
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
GENERAL FUND POSITION
Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate's qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Pay Grade: 29
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-4632.
If you need special services or accommodations, call 832-393-4632 (TTY 7-1-1).
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EEO Equal Employment Opportunity
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We protect the "H".