Chief Financial Officer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Galveston County Health District is seeking a new Chief Financial Officer!
The right candidate will be responsible for budgeting, planning, implementing, managing, and controlling all financial and business-related activities including the development of strategies to achieve financial goals and objectives. The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) reports directly to the United Board of Health and works directly with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Coastal Health and Wellness. The Chief Financial Officer will provide leadership and coordination in the administrative, business planning, accounting, billing, purchasing, and budgeting efforts for the Galveston County Health District, Coastal Health & Wellness and Galveston Area Ambulance Authority.
We can offer you:
• Excellent Benefits; including an Amazing retirement package, Affordable Medical Insurance, Paid Time Off plans, FREE Life Insurance, FREE Long-Term Disability, FREE Parking and much, much more!
• Team Oriented Environment
• Salary Rate: Competitive Salary Based on Experience
We want you to join our team of professionals and begin a long-term career with us! If you meet the criteria listed below, please apply.
· Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in accounting or finance required
· 10 years+ of progressively responsible financial experience
· 5 years+ senior-leadership experience required
· Advanced degree or equivalent preferred (CPA/MBA)
· Knowledge of accounting theory, principles, and practices based on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
· Knowledge of financial reporting systems and compiling and generating financial reports
· Knowledge of research techniques to analyze data and make recommendations
· Knowledge of budgeting and purchasing systems and processes
· Excellent presentation skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent Computer Skills MS Office
· Must be willing and able to work evening and weekend hours if necessary
· Must be in compliance with GCHD Immunizations policy
· Must be in compliance with ICS training requirements
· Must pass criminal background check and drug/alcohol screening.
An equivalent combination of education and work experience which appropriately demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above described essential functions will be considered when hiring for this role.
· Independently lead, plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal functions and performance
· Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the United Board of Health and Coastal Health and Wellness in strategic planning and financial decision making
· Review financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and any other reports required by regulatory agencies to assure accuracy and completeness
· Attend all monthly UBOH meetings and special meetings requested by the Board
· Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards
· Oversee internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash management, billing, purchasing and general accounting functions
· Review contracts into which the organization may enter in order to determine cost/benefit
· Monitor financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met
· Review and authorize disbursements in accordance with policies and procedures
· Provide strategic leadership of the Purchasing Department, including but not limited to purchase acquisitions, inventory, bid development, and asset acquisition and disposal
· Supervise the preparation of Coastal Health & Wellness regulatory reports (i.e., FSR, UDS, Medicare, etc.)
· Oversee Coastal Health & Wellness business functions to assure compliance with established policies and procedures and make recommendations for process improvement.
· Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization
· Coordinate year-end closing and audit activities, acts as a liaison to external auditors
· Work with the CEO and key management on short-term and long-term strategic health plan financial goals and objectives
· Meet financial and budget goals outlined in Strategic Health Plan. Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed
· Performs other duties as assigned.
To apply please visit our website www.gchd.org/jobs and fill out our online application. Applications can be submitted by fax to (409) 938-2284, emailed to email@example.com or in person at 9850-A, Suite A-111, Emmett F. Lowry Expressway, Texas City, TX 77591.
No Phone Calls Please
Our Mission: Protecting and Promoting the Optimal Health and Well-Being of Galveston County
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Galveston County Health District operates a variety of public health services and two FQHC clinics.